Soul-Crushing hugs and Tentacles

Sienna

I wake up to birds chirping and the sun shining brightly through the sheer curtain around the window. It's terrible. The world's happy today, not caring how others feel. It's selfish like that. Raining on birthdays and shining on funerals. It's unfair.

"Good morning," a woman says. It's music to my ears. I haven't heard a woman's voice in forever.

I look at her. Her red hair is buzzed on the sides and cut short on the top. She has a lip piercing that winks at me and she continuously smiles. She's wearing blue glasses that frame her big, brown eyes that are filled with kindness. Kindness. The world doesn't like kind.

It likes survivors. It likes strong people who do whatever it takes to live. It wants people to live but that doesn't mean it'll make it easy. No. The world gets bored and decides to make hardships and watch people suffer. It's always the kind, weak ones who go first. Isn't it lovely?

Soon her smile turns into a frown. "Can you hear me? Yesterday you were ignoring me but is that because your deaf?"

Oh the naivety. Like come on.

"If I was deaf, then that whole conversation would've been pointless. Way to waste your breath."

She looks startled, before another smiles makes it way on her face. Okay now that I've seen a woman. I want it to be over. She's too smiley and who is she anyway?

"Oh Gina!" A voice calls. One of the men from yesterday, Dean, barges in.

"Dean!" She squeals and hugs him and I want to throw up at the sight. Call me bitter but hugs are useless.

Unless they're to crush the soul out of your opponent.

Doesn't look like any soul-crushing is going on here.

I watch as Dean grabs her face in between his hands and she looks at him with so much...love in her eyes. A blush makes its way on her pale face but he seems unaffected.

"You smell lovely today, Gina." He says making me grimace. I mean what the heck? I watch astonished as Gina blushes harder. Harder!? That was a compliment. Him smelling you isn't weird?

"Did you use a new perfume perhaps?" He questions still in her red, blubbering face.

"Yes. Do you like it?"

He seems to think about it, before dropping his hands and stepping back. Casually, he puts his hands in his pockets. "I've smelled worse."

A snort makes it way out of me before I could stop it. Here he was. Wooing the panties off of Gina. Only to insult her at the end.

Except Gina doesn't seem insulted. No she looks delighted. As though that was the best compliment he could ever give her.

"Thanks," she beams.

"Yeah, no problem," he genuinely sounds like it was no problem. "Anyways, I gotta take Sienna to the War room. She good to go?"

"Yep she's good as new. It's quite strange really. I won-"

"That's great Gina. I really couldn't have done this without you," he says cutting her off and ushering her to the door. She tries to say something but he closes the door. He did it gently though so that's a plus.

With Gina out the room, I let loose my laughter. "You're a terrible person," I manage to say between my fits.

He pretends to be offended, "I am not. I complimented her and she loves me."

"You literally insulted her. She just didn't get it," my laughter immediately stopped, "should I be worried that she was my doctor?"

He shrugs his shoulders and chuckles, the sound washing over me like a cold shower on a hot day. "I know she started going to school for it. But hey, if you grow tentacles, that'd be wicked." He smiles wistfully as if imagining it.