Big Sib

Dean

I trudge into the elevator with the guys behind me. Last night, was one of the most unrestful nights I've ever had with the guys. All of us tossed and turned before we passed out from exhaustion. I was the first one up, as always, and I sat there surrounded by the guys until they woke up. Today is the day we apologize to Sienna and we take down the Ravagers. Today might very well be the last day of Sienna's life.

I ignore the pain in my heart and walk towards the kitchen. "What the-" I trail off as I take in the visual. Sienna is asleep at one end of the kitchen dining table, while my brother, Alexis, is asleep at the other. When I get closer, I see there's hot chocolate in the mugs inches from their faces.

"Sienna," Theodore whispers, shaking her slightly. I go over to my brother and shake him. He immediately jumps up and looks around with fear in his eyes.

"Woah hey, Alexis, it's me." I give a smile and tears form in his eyes. I think they're happy tears before he looks away and calls out for Sienna.

"Sienna, wake up! Sienna. I need you!" He hisses.

Sienna jumps out her chair and looks around confused. Her eyes meet Dom's, Theo's, and Cole's eyes before they come to mine. Finally, she looks down at Alexis who's in tears and she flies to give him a hug.

"Hey, it's okay. You got this. They love you."

I frown at Sienna's words and lean down to look my brother in the eye. "Hey, Alexis. She's right. Nothing you do could make me hate you. I love you, dude. You're my brother."

Alexis flinches and tightens his hold on Sienna. She shakes her head subtly at me but I don't know what I did wrong.

"Hey, you should tell him. You don't have live alone and you don't have to suffer." Sienna pets Alexis' hair while I kneel there confused as hell.

"Yeah, I guess so. Dean," Alexis turns to me and I perk up. "Can you gather everyone together. I want to tell you guys all at once so if someone's uncomfortable then, I- I can leave."

"I don't give a damn who's uncomfortable with you being here. You're my brother and you're staying right here." Alexis flinches again at the words coming out my mouth. I feel guilt build at the bottom of my stomach at me hurting him. I don't know what I'm doing though.

"Yeah, Thanks," his voice is hoarse and he turns back to Sienna. He's staring at her with familial love while she gives him a soft smile.

"You'll be fine. Imma go." Alexis' hands tighten immediately when Sienna says that.

"You can't go. I need you. You said you'd be here for me." Tears shine in his eyes again.

"I know and I am. But you need to lean on your family more than on me. Remember, I won't be here forever," she says reminding me of what happened yesterday and what today signifies. But with my brother being home, I'm not so sure those plans are still happening.

"Wait, Princess," Dom calls. Sienna has just pressed the elevator button and Cole, Dom, Theo and I are gathered together behind her.

"Yes, Dom?" Sienna looks down at her feet.

"We need to talk," he says gruffly. Emotions are laced in his voice.

"I know. But you all need to talk to Alexis more." She steps into the elevator and her eyes rise to our faces for the first time. "Meet me in the basement at 8. Enjoy your time with your families, today. Okay?" She gives a wobbly smile but even I can tell it's fake.

"Yeah," Cole answers for the all of us, and the doors close, cutting her off from me.

*

I watch as my brother paces back and forth. He looks on the verge of tears but when I tried to comfort him, he told me to sit back down. I'm next to Charlie while Theodore sits on my other side. Lisa and Gina are next to him and Dean and Cole are next to Charlie. Alexis has our full attention.

"Why are wearing you makeup?" Gina blurts. I shoot her a look because I don't like her tone.

"He can wear makeup if he wants to," Charlie says though he doesn't take his eyes off Alexis. When I look back at Alexis, his face is scrunched in pain.

"I'm not-" He looks at the entrance of the family room with longing. "I need Sienna."

I play with the idea of going to get her but it's obvious she's dealing with her own things. On top of that, I don't want my brother depending on her when she's dying soon.

"You can do this, Alexis. We all love you," I keep my voice calm. He looks freaked, worried, and terrified. I kick myself for ever making him scared.

"I'm Alexis," he breathes and silence plunges after. We're all confused as to what he's talking about.

"We know that," Gina snaps.

"Gina, please be quiet. It's obvious he has something going on." Theodore's voice is low and non-threatening so Gina doesn't snap. When she start ranting, she won't stop.

"I'm Alexis as in my gender. I uhh- I'm non-binary. But sometimes I'm not. Like sometimes I feel like a girl and sometimes a boy. Sometimes I just feel like me and that's who I am. I'm Alexis." Tears trek down Alexis' face and Charlie and I move as one. We cover them with our bodies as sobs rack their body.

"I'm sorry," they cry and I shake my head.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. I'm happy you told me and I'm sorry for ever giving you the idea that I'd react any way other than loving you," I say low enough for only the three of us to hear.

"Yeah, Alex. What should we call you?" Charlie asks.

"I like they and them. I umm... I'm keeping Alexis. I like it." They sniffle in our arms.

"Alright then big bro- sib," Charlie makes up a new name.

We all chuckle which must seem odd to the outsiders.

"What the hell does that even mean?" Gina asks and Alexis tenses in my arms. My eyes connect with Theodore silently telling him to get his sister to shut the hell up.

"Gina, watch what you say," Theodore warns.

"Excuse me? I don't have the right to be confused?" She exclaims.

"No," I deadpan because this isn't about her.

"This is bullshit!" She yells leaving.

"I should probably move out," Alexis starts but both Charlie and I are protesting.

"I don't give a damn what her problem is, you're staying right here until you're ready to leave because you want to." I look Alexis in the eye when I say this so they know I mean it.

They give me a grateful smile and let's out a yawn. "I'm exhausted. Sienna and I stayed up all night."

"Yeah, how'd that happen?" I raise a brow.

"Uhh she found me last night. She made me hot chocolate and then talked with me. She umm... she helped me a lot. But she keeps saying she won't be here forever. Where is she going?"

Alexis' question makes me sick and I have to look away. I don't know how to answer that.

"Away," is all I say.