See You Soon

Sienna

"Hello, Sienna," some creepy man voice says. It's all black so I can't see a thing, which is weird. My night vision should allow me to see just as well as I do in the day.

"Hello, stranger." I answer back looking around. I still see nothing.

"Been living a good life, I see."

Images of the guys and CJ fill my mind. A smile takes over my face before I realize it. "You betcha."

"How... unfair," he says making me frown.

"What do you mean?"

"All those people whose lives ended so... suddenly, will never be able to experience the happiness you're feeling. It's unfair, no?"

It is unfair. I feel guilt threaten to swallow me whole but I remember what Cole said. Asma killed those people, not me.

I am not Asma.

"Oh, but you are Asma, aren't you Sienna?" How did he do that? I'm sure I didn't say it out loud.

"You and Asma are one and the same. It's quite sad to see you playing with these men who will die at your hands sooner or later."

"No they won't," I whisper. They won't die because I will die before them. They're my Commanders and I can't kill them. The Commandments won't allow me.

"Ah but there's someone stronger than your Commanders. Isn't there?"

My eyebrows knit together as I think. Stronger than my Commanders? Who... Master.

"Master Varrien?" I ask, dread seeps into my tone.

The voice laughs as an old man with more wrinkles than I can count and a bald head appears. "Hello, Soldier."

"I'm not a Soldier," I growl. I know I'm dreaming now. Magic isn't real in the world and there's no way Master Varrien could've appeared out of thin air.

"You've always been a clever girl. An even smarter Soldier."

"You can't control me."

"Oh but I can, can't I?"

I narrow my eyes waiting for what he wants.

"I think it's time I raise my army, no?"

My stomach flips and my hands go cold. No. I can't be alive for that.

"Oh but you will be. I'll make sure of it. You and me, Soldier, leading my army to world domination."

"Your sick," I mutter.

"I'm the sick one? How? When you're the person holding a sword to your loved one's head as he sleeps."

My face drains of color. Theo.

"No!" I yell out.

I blink, letting my eyes adjusting to the darkness, when I realize I'm in my room. I look down feeling something in my hand and I almost throw up. My sword is centimeters away from Theo's throat. If he so much as breathes too hard, he'd get cut. Tears flow out my eyes and I jump out, afraid of being forced to do something. I drop the sword onto the carpet and check Theo's form for any sign of consciousness. He reaches out in his sleep and wraps around a pillow. It'd be adorable, if I didn't just try to kill him unconsciously.

No.

"See you soon, Soldier Sienna."

I squeeze my eyes shut as Master Varrien's voice rings through my head. I walk out the room, being quiet enough for CJ not to wake up, and relax on my couch.

"Looks like it's gonna be a long night."

*

"So lemme get this straight," I say wondering if I heard right. "The Ravagers invited you guys to a dinner and you believe it's 'cause they're onto us. So you're gonna go there and do what? Play nice and innocent?" I narrow my eyes at the idiotic men. Sure, they were smart enough to take over a gang. Key word "were." Now, they're literally about to eat with the enemy in hopes of the dinner turning out not to be a trap.

"Yes, Sienna," Dom sighs. I can tell he's irritated, but so am I. I spent the whole night traumatized and now they're literally throwing themselves in harm's way.

"Babygirl, we must go. If we don't, the Ravagers will know it's us and that sparks a war. If we do go, it shows we have nothing to be afraid of. We will be fine." I can't look at Theo when he talks. Not when I almost killed him last night.

"I'm coming with you, right?" I say because they're acting like it's only going to be them.

"You can't." I go to protest but Cole cuts me off. "You said you served for the Ravagers. We can't risk them recognizing you."

"They won't," I assure, "I had my mask on the whole time." The Ravagers are ruthless and I know they're planning something. More than likely, they'll have snipers trained on all of the guys' heads. "What's the worst that can happen?" I add.

"Umm, they start shooting causing a bunch of casualties." Theo raises a brow ready for my rebuttal.

I have one just for him. "Either way they're gonna shoot and someone's dying. That won't be any of you."

I start to walk away knowing that I'm going when Dom's words stop me.

"It's time to serve Soldier."

I hear the guys' gasps but I can't say anything as my consciousness is pushed back and Asma comes forward.

I allow myself to float before a voice fills my head.

"Oh wow, they don't care for your feelings at all."

"That's not true," I wish I could roll my eyes at Master Varrien's presence. "Get out my head, please?"

"I need you to tell me where you are, darling."

"Don't call me darling."

"Oh come on, you used to love it."

I don't answer and he speaks again.

"I will find you, Sienna. And when I do, I'll make you kill every single thing you love. All of their blood with be on your hands. Or you can just come to me and disappear nice and quietly."

"No," I say but I'm no longer in my head and the word actually falls out my mouth.

"I'm sorry," Dom whispers but I push past him and go to the front door. When my hand reaches for it, my body freezes. I back away and try again and turn glaring at him.

"You," I try to think of an insult that doesn't involve cursing, "soggy ball."

I stomp to the elevator pissed at being stuck here while my guys risk their lives.