Help Me

Matt

I wipe my eyes for the tenth time since I've been in front of this door. Each time my shaking hands reach for the handle, I have to back down because of my rolling stomach. I need to see her, but I don't want to. I don't want to see my happy, cheeky Sienna laid up on a bed, helpless.

I finally get the courage to open the door and I hesitantly walk in. Moonlight beams down on her, immediately drawing my eyes to her. Bandages wrap her body from head-to-toe, saving me from seeing how grave her injuries are.

I shut the door and make my way to her. Her chest falls and rises steadily, but her breath is wheezy. I get closer and see that the bandages on her face are now soaked in blood. I grimace and look away, willing the tears to stay in my eyes.

I don't understand. Dom said that Sienna had another side to her called Asma. The guys could control Asma and everyone hated her. But because of Asma, Sienna didn't feel pain and she could heal amazingly fast. But she's not healing right now, and I don't get why.

I manage to lift my eyes back to her face and I know I have to change the bandages. It'll slow her healing process, especially if they get dirty.

I grab the gloves on her table and put them on. I grab her face lightly and slowly unwrap it. I try to ignore her actual wounds and focus on the red cotton. When there's none left though, I'm forced to take in the horror that is Sienna's face. My dear Sienna has slashes all across her face. There are deep gouges in some spots while others have long lines.

My breath shudders but I can't cry over her face. I grab the cotton balls and douse it in alcohol. I dab her face and like I expected, it bubbles and sizzles. What I didn't expect, was for Sienna to wake up screaming.

"Ahhhh."

I jump back and put my hands on her shoulders, but that makes her cry out even harder.

"My face! My face!"

The tears I've been holding back come back with a vengeance and I wipe them furiously. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

I look around for something to knock her out but there's nothing here.

"Matt! Help me!" She cries. Her salty tears make her cry harder and I close my eyes as I'm plunged back into the past.

Six years ago

"Matt, what's burning?!" My mom yells from her room. I had been making a pizza but I forgot about it. I was watching a video, so I didn't notice the burnt smell in the air.

"The pizza!" I yell, expecting my mom to get it. Five minutes pass when the smoke alarms blare. I jump up and run downstairs to the kitchen on fire. I remember what my mom told me about getting out the house is a priority, so I make a left and run straight out the house. I pace back and forth waiting for my parents to come out. When they don't for some time, I open the door but the living is on fire blocking my way. I run around the house, go through the sliding door, and run upstairs.

I get to my parents' room to see my dad still asleep. He's always been a heavy sleeper. "Dad, wake up!" I shake his body and he comes to, coughing violently. He looks around at the smoke in the room with wondering eyes.

"What's happening, son?"

"The house is on fire. We have to find mom."

I grab his frail hand and run out the room, dragging him behind me. He hacks continuously as I search every room for my mom. I run back downstairs to see the the whole floor is on fire.

"Matt! Help! Help me!" My mother screams. I look around the corner, but stay on the stairs, and I see my mother on fire. It takes a while for it to register. I've seen people on fire in video games and on T.V. But, never in real life. I didn't expect to smell burnt flesh and hair. Nor did I expect the bloodcurdling screams from my mother. She's running around like crazy and my tears burst out at once.