Pure Intentions

Sienna

I remember a time when I begged to be bored and watch T.V all day. But after doing it for a week, it's terrible. Dom said he and Theo would look into where Felie might be. That was days ago. While I wait, I've been watching T.V. and I've talked to a couple of the other people who live here. My Commanders agreed that it'd be best to keep my identity a secret until my time is up. I had no objections. My purpose is to now serve my Commanders until I die peacefully with Felie by my side.

Communication has been little. Sometimes they'll come to talk to me but that's just to check that I haven't run away. Gina brought me food but after hearing I don't need it, she never came back. I've been in this room stuck with the voices and screams and cries. It's almost as torturous as my time with Edgar.

Edgar will be the last person I kill. And I'll do it as Sienna.

A knock startles me from my Edgar killing fantasies and I turn down Spongebob. It's a dumb kids show but I love it. I need something as ridiculous as the sponge.

"Come in," I call out. The door opens to reveal Dominic. He walks in and stands in front of the bed, effectively blocking the T.V.

"We found it," he says, joy floods through me.

"You found her," I correct. He only rolls his eyes and takes a seat at the end of the bed.

"There's an auction tomorrow. You're sword's on the list and I got us invites."

I smile and go to pat him on the back. "Good job, Commander Dominic."

He looks at the hand suspiciously before getting up and walking to the door. "We're going shopping."

"Why?" I ask getting up and following him.

"You need a dress for the night. And you can't keep wearing Lisa's clothes."

I look down at the clothes the nice girl Lisa gave me. She's a little on the big side so the shirt flowed with the extra material and the drawstrings shorts were tied around my hips. It's better than Gina's clothes which would cut off my circulation. She's way smaller than Lisa, but you can still tell they're twins.

Lisa and Gina are the twin sisters of Theodore. Dominic has a younger brother named Matt who talked with me once. He's pretty cool. Dean has two younger brothers who look completely different than him but all share a cocky personality. And then there's Cole. He doesn't have any family. My heart had twisted when I heard that and I wanted to ask why, but Dominic said it isn't his place. Afterwards, he put them all on my Protected list, showing me pictures instead of making me meet them. I mean how would we have explained the glowy eye thingy.

We go to the elevator where we move down two floors. This house is huge. It has six floors and a basement. Each family has a floor, meaning that Cole has a whole floor to himself. I stay on the second floor. They informed me that when some gang members' families get heat, they stay here. I found it sweet that they were willing to help but also reckless and stupid. Someone could easily be a rat and tear this whole organization down with one bomb. Heck, Edgar almost did it the night they found me.

We walk down a hallway with photos littering the walls. I don't get time to see them because Dominic speeds walks past them causing me to hurry up to catch up.

"So what's the plan?" I ask while we drive down the long road with nothing but trees around us. It's the perfect serial killer setting.

"Well, we go there and you get your sword back. Easy peasy."

"You're gonna bid for it?"

"Ha! Where's the fun in that?"

His unexpected playful smile makes my insides twist. Dominic's always been nice and he's done what's necessary. He only talks to me to inform me. Even now, he's only taking me shopping because he has too. But that comment wasn't necessary. And the beautiful smile he gave wasn't either.