Flynn

"So how have you two been?" Vanessa said as we sat down.

Oceane and I side glanced and she raised a brow. "It's been a... Complex few months." Oceane smiled and glanced down as she placed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"And how's Emma?" She asked

"She's moved in with Drew now and she never been happier." Oceane said.

"Oh yes, that lovely young man Andrew." She beamed

"Pft." I rolled my eyes and they both looked at me.

"We were best friends until he got engaged to my sister." I nodded.

"Ah, I see..." Vanessa said.

"They're trying to resolve it though. Aren't you Flynny?" Oceane raised a brow. Then I remembered what she said earlier ...

"Yeah, definitely."

That girl can give mean ear pulls.

"What can I do for you today then?" Vanessa continued.

"Well, we wanted to talk to you more about... Everything." Oceane said.

"I see..."

"You know more about this situation more than anyone else." I stated.

"How so?"

"You're Danny's mother, of course."

"What he's trying to say..." Oceane said.

"You were around at the time all these events happened and was of knowledge of it. You're our best chance." She continued.

What are we getting ourselves into?

Emma

Later that night.

"Sweetie I'm home!" I called out to Drew as I came home after a long, busy day.

I walked into the living room where he was asleep on the chair, holding his phone against his chest.

I smiled and tilted my head slightly.

"Drew..." I knelt down to his height and stroked his hair back.

His refreshed green eyes slowly opened and he smiled, "Hey..." As he stretched.

"Room for one more?" I raised a brow.

"For you? Always."

He turned on his side and I laughed down next to him chest too chest as he held me. He kissed the top of my head and asked "how was work?"

"Busy... But I got a lot ready for the case next week." I fiddled with his dog tag revealed by his partially open shirt.

"You've got this. I know it." He said as I ran my thumb over it.

I kissed his chin and I asked "How about you?"

"This job is a lot more complex. Trying to follow rich people who are never alone and always end up in exclusive places is difficult." He slightly laughed.

"I bet. What's the plan?"

"Not sure yet. That's what I was meant to be figuring out but I fell asleep. But now you're here... I'm off duty for the night."

He looked down and kissed me gently as I pulled him in...
"I love you..." I said my forehead against his.

"I love you too..."