The end....

After Joyce, Hopper and Will made it out of the upside down he was admitted to the hospital.

We all went to wanting to make sure he was okay. Dustin fell asleep in the waiting room his head resting on my shoulder.

An hour later. Jonathan came to the waiting room.

"Guys. Guys. He's up. Will is up. Will is up" Mike shouted shaking the two up from their slumber.

Dustin and Lucas quickly snap up and run with Mike towards the hospital room, Will was staying in.

I slowly walked with Nancy to the room. Standing from a far watching the boys interact with Will. Nancy and Steve shortly left after Will had woken up.

"Dustin you ready? I'll bring you back tomorrow" I said. Dustin shook his head yes, said goodbye to his friends and walked out of the hospital.

"We are like some cool badass siblings" Dustin said with a big smile.

"Yeah two badass siblings fighting monsters" I said with a slight chuckle. Reality hasn't quite set in yet.

"Now how do we explain this to mom?" Dustin asked.

"We don't" I said. We walked together home, feeling at ease that the monster was killed, Will was home and peace was restored to Hawkins.
———
December 25th, 1983

"Dustin, Tammy. wake up" our mother called from the kitchen. We sleepily walked into the kitchen plopping down at the table.

"Merry Christmas" my mom sung.

"Merry Christmas" we said in unison.

We celebrated with a traditional breakfast of eggs, pancakes, bacon and potatoes. After breakfast we opened presents.

"An Atari" Dustin shouted hugging the gift tightly.

"A swatch watch" I said opening the box.

"Best Christmas ever" Dustin and I said in unison.