Saving El

We ran out from our hiding spot and met the rest of the team downstairs in the middle of the food court.

"Haha, you flung that thing like a Hot Wheel" Dustin rejoiced grabbing El and Mike into a hug.

"Lucas?"

"Erica what are you doing here?"

"Ask then it's there fault" Erica sassed.

"Yeah true. Totally true" Steve said admitting Erica was involved because Dustin, Robin and himself.

"I don't understand what happened to that car" Robin said completely stunned.

"El has superpowers" Dustin explained.

"I'm sorry"

"Superpowers. She threw it with her mind. C'mon catch up" Steve said.

The whole group went back and forth with each other exchanging questions and information. Eleven walked off and i followed her.

She grabbed her ears and began to circle. She the passed out.

"El are you okay?" I asked crouching down. She complained of leg pain and we shimmed the jean to her knee revealing a big gash with something squirming inside.

"I need a knife, some antiseptic wipes, and a bunch of towels" I said examining the wound.

"What? What are you going to do?" Mike asked.

"I'm going to get that thing out of her leg. Just hurry" I said.

"Are you qualified to do this?" Nancy asked.

"I think so. I've watched a lot of St.Elsewhere this summer" I said. I ran and grabbed a pair of latex gloves from Hotdog on a stick.

"Okay El I need you to bite down on this spoon. This is going to hurt like hell" I said. I look up at the group before slicing into the skin.

"Do it" Mike said. Blood comes rushing out. I take a deep breath before reaching my fingers into her leg.

"Stop it. Stop it" El yells. "I can do it. I can do it" she said. She sits up and uses her powers to sum the thing out of her leg. The glass behind us breaks as she throws the thing on the floor.

We hear a foot stomp and see Joyce, Hopper and Murray standing in front of us. We all gather in the center talking to one another. Mike and the rest of the kids filled us in on the Mind Flayer.

"Yoo-hoo, Yoo-hoo" Murray yelled flailing his arms around in distress. We gathered back into the food court to look at the papers he had in hand.

"Ok this is what Alexis called "the hub". Now the hub takes us to the vault room" Murray said dramatically pointing all over the paper.

"Okay where's the gate?" Hopper asked.

"Right here. I don't know the scale on this but I think it's fairly close to the vault room maybe 50 feet or so"

"More like 500. What you're just going to waltz in there like it's commie Disneyland or something?" Erica said chiming in to the conversation with such sass.

"I'm sorry for are you?"

"Erica Sinclair, who are you?"

"Murray....Bauman"

"Listen, Mr.Bunman, I'm not trying to tell how to do things, but I've been down in that shithole for 24 hours. And with all due respect you do what this man tells you, you're all gonna die" Erica said not holding back on attitude or language.