1

"Baby come over here and chill for a bit!" My boyfriend shouted from bleachers as I was heading to the gym.

"I can't, tryouts start in a few minutes!" I honestly didn't even want to be a cheerleader but it will help me fit in. I can also enjoy the view of all the girls there.

Yes, I'm gay but I'm not even close to ready to admit it. That's why I have a boyfriend to cover it all up. Eli as a jock and the perfect cover-up.

"So you're just gonna leave me with your loser friends until my practice starts?" He is also an ass.

"Hey speak for yourself, " That would be my best friend Lauren. She's funny and full of sass. My first ever crush, my ticket to realization, the only person that knows my secret. She's tall, the tallest one in the group. She has short brown hair and beautiful green eyes.

"I mean, he's not wrong. " That's Xiomara. She has accepted that she isn't popular and doesn't give a fuck at all about anything. She's also known for always having a Starbucks cup in her hand. She's a bit taller than me with black hair and hazel eyes.

"You don't have to be rude about it." That's Ava. Sweet, innocent, kind, full of life, and sooooooo oblivious to everything. She's the shortest in the group, medium blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Wow Eli, I'm glad you care about your girlfriend's friends so much." Mila is the queen of sarcasm and I get that from her. She might come across as rude but she's just brutally honest. She's a little shorter than me, with dark brown hair and light brown eyes.

They are my best friends and I love them all.

"I got to go, I'll talk to you after ok." In the gym, there were about fifteen girls in there but only two of them caught my eye. Veronica and Vanessa Merrell.

They are the most popular girls in the school and the best cheerleaders. They are the reason I joined but they are the straightest girls I know.

"Hey Y/N, I'm glad you decided to join." A taller girl greeted me. "Oh hey Lily, yeah I just wanted to see if I had a chance to make it." I lied.

"Of course you'll make it, I have faith in you. " She patted my back and walked off to greet more people.

I dropped my bag by the bleachers and walked toward the group of girls who were doing stretches.

I had no idea what I was doing but I followed along with everyone else.

"Hey girls, I hope you're ready for tryouts, everyone take a seat at the bleachers and let's do this. " Lily exclaimed in the most bubbly voice ever.

I took a seat next to my bag and watched as Lily called names up for tryouts. The twins were sitting in a desk taking notes on the girl's performance.

I grew nervous overtime watching how good everyone was. I felt sick when she called my name. I slowly walked to the center of the gym and took a deep breath. Lily gave me a thumbs up and the twins waited for me to do something but I was frozen.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

"Y/N you did so good, there is no doubt you'll make it! " Lily said as we exited the gym.

I quirked an eyebrow, "You really think so?" "Most def!" She exclaims and pulls me into a hug. I took a deep breath and could smell her hair. It smelled like roses.

She let me go from her embrace letting me move freely. I noticed the twins exiting the gym and were greeted by who I can only guess where their boyfriends. Aaron and Kian. I looked away when I saw them.

"You know green really isn't your color." The green-eyed girl screamed into my ear. "Jesus Christ Lauren! You scared the shit out of me!" I said as I stumbled back.

"But she's not wearing green she's wearing blue and red" Ava furrowed her eyebrows. Lauren laughed at her obliviousness.

"Hey baby," Eli said from behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and buries his face in the crook of my neck

"Careful, she scares easy." Mila teases. I scoff and roll my eyes. "I do not, Laur just decided to damage my eardrums.

"Let's go to my house," Eli mumbles in my neck. "Yeah cuz you're all sweaty. " I tease.

"So how do you think you did?" Xiomara asks sipping her Starbucks. "Lily thinks I did good but it's up to the twins if I make it, where is Lily any why?" I ask

"Ugh, those bitches" Mila rolls her eyes making Lauren smack her arm. "Ow, what the hell? "

"Y/N just ask a question," Lauren explains. "She left as soon as she saw us coming, but as I was saying, those bitches probably weren't even paying attention to you." Lauren smacks her again

"Ok what the hell is your problem," Mila shouts. "Try to be a little less honest and more comforting ok." Mila rolls her eyes.

"Come on I wanna go home!!" Eli whines. "Well I gotta go I'll see you guys tomorrow." We head to his car and Eli pushes me against the car.

"Stop hanging around those losers they are taking up to much of your time." He demands. "But they are my friends," I say trying to defend them. "I don't give a shit, I just wanna get home." He comes closer and kisses my neck.

"Eli I'm tired I just wanna relax," I mumble pushing him off. He scoffs and hits his hand on the roof of his car scaring me. "Damn it Y/N! Why don't you ever do what I want to do!" He shouts causing me to flinch at his anger in his voice.

"W-we always d-do what you w-want to do and I j-just thought-" He cuts me off and gets closer to my face. "Oh, you thought? I don't care what you think I just wanna go home and fuck ok?" I nod and get in the car.

In the car, I noticed one of the twins were still in the parking lot and she was starring. I don't blame her cuz Eli was pretty loud. He got in the car and slammed the door shut making me jump. He looked at me then started the car.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

"Come on Y/N, you're so slow," The brunette said pulling my arm. "Laur where are we going? Our class is that way. " I whined pointing down the hall "You'll see, " She smirked and drug me outside where two people were screaming there heads off at each other. It was Vanessa and her boyfriend Kian.

"Ok and I care why?" I looked up at the taller girl. "Because I know you like her and her sister, I bet after this she will be single. " She smirks "Ok so it's not like I can swoop in and be captain save a hoe. " I say turning around to leave.

"No, but you can be her rebound." She says making laugh. "Right, I could to totally be a straight girls rebound," I say with sarcasm. "Dude, have you ever heard of turning someone gay, I've done it hundreds of times believe me. " She says proudly. "Laur, I appreciate the helpfulness but I have a boyfriend and I'm not ready to come out ok."

"Your boyfriend is retarded and deserves to be dumped. Come on be like eleven from stranger things and say "I dump your ass." It's not that hard. " I laughed at my friends reference and sigh. She right but I'm too scared

The late bell rings and I groan. "Seriously Lauren! My mom is going to kill me if she gets a call that I was late to a class." She rolls her eyes and we start heading to class.