8

"Y/N, it's time it's time to get up for school, You slept past your alarm." I felt my mom pull the covers off me and rock me back and forth to wake me up

I stretched and groaned, "No mom not today!" I sat up looking around my room.

"Come on were not doing this again, you're not five." My mom messed with my hair and sighed

"Come on, I'm going to be late you are too."

I slowly got up and started getting ready, I grabbed some new clothes and headed to the bathroom. Can't I just take a sick day?

Downstairs, I was greeted by my dad who was drinking coffee. And when I say greeted, I mean he didn't notice me and spilled coffee on me.

I rolled my eyes and ran back upstairs to grab a new shirt. After that, I sat on the couch and waited for Lauren to pick me up.

About fifteen minutes later, I get a text from Vanessa

Nessa💖: hey! I'm outside

Me: Um ok?

I was hoping I could be able to spend time with her alone but when I was about to get in the front seat, I was greeted by Aaron's brother Alex.

I silently groaned and sat in the back seat. Alex smiled and said hi but I wasn't in the mood to be nice so I ignored him.

"So... how was everyone's morning?" Alex asks trying to break the awkward silence. I just rolled my eyes and shifted in my seat. I mean I was already pissed off at my dad for spilling coffee on my favorite shirt now this!!

"Where's Roni?" I ask looking up at Vanessa. "Oh she's with Aaron, It's their like sixth-month anniversary and they didn't want any "disturbances" so they told me to find my own way to school," Alex answered making me even more agitated

I just ignored him and looked out the window.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

"Back the fuck off! This is my food!" The green-eyed girl screams making everyone in the area turn their heads. "Jeez! I'm trying to sleep over here!" Mila shouts even louder

Annoyed as I was, my only focus was on Vanessa. Watching her laugh and smile, looking at her beautiful features. Although this usually makes me very happy, I was not because she was in the arms of Kian.

"Someone's the jealous type huh?" Xo mumbles making me turn my head. "I'm not jealous!" I snap causing my friends to raise an eyebrow in confusion. "Yeah, she's jelly." My best friend chuckles and goes back to eating her food.

I roll my eyes and lay my head down at the table putting my hoodie over my head. Ok maybe I was jealous but she's just so... perfect.... so beautiful.

I looked over at Vanessa's table and saw her nor Kian were there so I guessed they left somewhere. Only Veronica was there with Aaron a little too close for comfort. "BOO!" A familiar voice screamed from behind me making me scream too.

"AHH!" I shouted turning around then sighed only realizing it was Vanessa. "Wow, who knew you were so jumpy." She laughed sitting on my lap making me blush a bit. "I mean you scared the shit out of me!"

She laughed and began showering my face with kisses which didn't help with the blushing situation at all. It also confused the hell out of me because this wasn't like her but at the same time it was being she's always goofy.

"Uhh, Nessa? What are you doing?" I question the shorter girl. "You're cute you know that?" Ok, now I must be dreaming. "Vanessa, are you feeling ok?" Just then, I hear snickering from behind me. It was a dare.

I decided to prank them to see what would happen. I smirk and pull her closer making her shriek with laughter. I tickle her sides making her laugh harder. "Y/N stop! I can't breathe!" she managed to say through giggles.

I eventually stop so she can catch her breath. She smiles at me and looks into my eyes and I look back into hers. Her arms wrap around my neck as she bites her lip. My arms snake around her waist and I smile.

We were inches apart but broke away when the bell rang. I sighed in defeat and Vanessa hopped off me. I watched as she walked off under Kian's arm. He looked back at me with a stupid smug look and scoffed.

"Damn, talk about a tease." Lauren chuckled. I looked up at her then stood up rolling my eyes.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

After school, I headed to the gym for cheer practice. But I wasn't in the mood. Lauren was sitting on the field bleachers with Mila smoking and I figured that cheer was pointless being I already got the twins attention

I booked it back to the field and threw my bag at my two friends who freaked out. I laughed and climbed up to them. "Sup bitches let me hit that" I sat down and took the blunt from Lauren.

"Ight I see you, ditching today huh?" she asks taking it back. "Nah, I'm quitting. Fuck cheerleading!!" The three of us laughed. "What about the twins?" Mila questioned taking a hit. "I see them all the time, they won't care"

"Y/N!" someone shouted from below. "What the heck?" It was the twins. "Oh hey Nessa and Roni, wanna come up here and chill?" I suggested.

They rolled their eyes and sighed. "Cheer today?" Vanessa exclaimed raising her arms. "I quit!" I leaned back took another hit.

"What's more important than practice?" Veronica sounded annoyed. "Uhh this" I held up the blunt that Lauren snatched from me. "Seriously?" They both yelled in annoyance

I shrugged and looked the other way. They left to go back to cheer and I stayed with my girls until cheer was over because Vanessa promised me a ride.

I followed the twins to the parking lot waiting for Veronica to go to Aaron's car like always. They hugged and parted ways so I hopped in the front seat. Vanessa threw her bags on me and slammed the door.

"Bad day?" I asked and she just looked at me with a 'don't test me' face. I just nodded my head and put her bags in the back seat.

The ride home was very quiet. She would just ignore me whenever I would talk to her and she would smack my hand when I would try to touch the radio.

I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes, they became heavy quite quick and I soon drifted off to sleep. I didn't even notice until I woke up by the sound of a car horn. I looked around but soon realized I wasn't at my house. I was at Vanessa's

"Nessa, what are we doing?" I questioned but she didn't say a word. She just quietly exited the car. I jumped out and followed her to the house while she unlocked the door.

"Vanessa! What are we doing? Why are you so pissed off at me?" I said voice laced with anger. She threw her stuff on the couch and turned around with an angry look on her face, arms crossed and all.

"Tell me!" I got a little louder. "No, you tell me" She cleared her throat and looked at me. "Tell you what?" I chuckled a bit only making her angrier. "Why you quit cheerleading to smoke with your friends!" I could hear the anger laced in her voice too.

"Because." I shrugged "Because why?" she got closer to me and I could see the fire in her eyes. "Because that's why." I chuckled again and tried moving passed her but she got in my way. "I wanna know the real reason!" "I only joined cheer to get you to notice me!" I finally blurted out.

Vanessa's faces morphed into confusion as she sat down. "Kian was right." She mumbled under her breath. "What?" I questioned even though I heard her already. "Kian was right!" she said louder

"What did Kian say?" I questioned with attitude. "The only reason you started hanging out with me was for the popularity!" she shouted standing up.

"WHAT! No that ain't right! For one, you started hanging out with ME and two, I didn't join for popularity I joined because I like you!"