3

After school, I walked to the gym to see if they posted the results for who made the team. I was nervous but I was sure I made it being that Vanessa said to meet her after practice so we can watch stranger things.

I pushed through the crowd of people and made my way up to the sheet. I skimmed through all the names and felt disappointed when my name wasn't on the list. Shit. I turned around to leave when I crashed into Vanessa making both of us fall.

"What the heck Y/N! Watch where you're- I mean are you ok? " She said as she helped me up. I was a bit confused but nodded my head in response. Apparently, I didn't just feel disappointed because she asked me what's wrong.

"I didn't make the team," I mumble looking down. "Of course you did!" She exclaimed making me confused. "I just didn't put your name on the list because I wanted to personally tell you!"

I was lost for words. Why did she go out of her way just to tell a person like me that I made the team?

She pulled out a uniform from her bag and handed it to me. "Here I hope it fits." She smiles and I take the uniform. "Thanks, Vanessa," I say and begin to head to the bathroom to change when she pulls my arm and takes me to the gym bathroom

"I wanna see if it fits!" She says pushing me into a stall. I lock the door behind me and quickly change.

I step out and she looks at me. She bites her lip while looking me up and down. "It fits." I nervously say snapping her attention back to my face.

"Ok wait out here while I change." She pushes past me and changes into her uniform. Seeing her in her uniform just makes me gay panic even more.

When we step out of the bathroom, we surprisingly see Kian standing by the door. He was holding a box of chocolates and leaning against the wall.

"Kian I already told you were done." She says with her arms crossed.

"Nessa, I'm sorry please forgive me." He hands the box of chocolates and she looks down at it. After a few seconds, she takes the chocolates and smiles hugging him.

They both walk away, leaving me awkwardly standing there looking like an idiot.

I turn on my heel and go back into the bathroom, sliding down the wall and sitting there looking up at the ceiling.

"Why do you love him?"

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

After practice, I get a text from Eli saying he has a doctor's appointment and for me to meet him at my place.

The twins were talking while I awkwardly followed behind them with my hands in my pockets.

The twins go their separate ways when Aaron pulls up in his car letting Veronica in.

"So do you need a ride or do u have a car I can follow?" Vanessa asks leaning against her car. I look up at her and nervously bite my lip

"I usually get a ride with someone-" She cuts me off. "Great hop in!" She says opening the door. I nervously get in the front seat and buckle up. She hands me her phone so I can give her my address.

I put my address in Google Maps and hand it back to her. She buckles up and places her phone in the phone mount that's attached to the vent. She connects her phone to the aux cord and plays some music.

My house wasn't very far from school so the ride there was short and silent.

"Is this it?" Vanessa asked as we pulled into my driveway. "Um yeah" I mumbled and we both got out the car. I quickly unlocked the door and let her in