2

When we entered class, the desks where all moved around and I had no idea where my desk was until the teacher spoke.

"Ah, miss Y/LN you're late. I only assume it was because of your friend." Lauren rolled her eyes. "Just tell us where we sit?" She says with sass. The teacher pulls out a seating chart.

"Lauren you sit next to Ava, and Y/N you sit next to Vanessa." She points to our seat and my stomach drops when I hear her call Vanessa's name.

I take my seat next to her and I immediately go into an internally gay panic. I was probably 50 shades of pink and looked really stupid. Vanessa greeted me with a smile, showing off her dimples making me internally scream more than I already was.

I looked over and Lauren who has given me a thumbs up and making inappropriate hand jesters which only made it harder for me to contain my screams.

I managed to stay calm and it got easier when the teacher started talking about a boring project we were doing. I got a little excited when she said we could work with partners. Lauren and I instantly looked at each other and smirked. The smirk soon fated when she said she was picking partners.

I groaned maybe a little too loud making the teacher look at me. I zoned myself out when she said she was partnering Lauren up with Mila. I was partnered up with his girl named Olivia who was literally never there.

"Ok class get with your parents." The teacher sat down and began working on her computer. I looked around the class to find Olivia but I was not surprised when she was nowhere to be found. I shrugged and decided to take a nap.

Right before I could fall asleep, I heard a familiar voice talking to the teachers. "Ms you didn't partner me up with anyone." The voice said timidly. "I didn't? Hmm I'll put you with another group and you can be put in a group of three, " She said taping her pen on the clipboard

That's when I heard Laurens' voice speak up. "Hey Ms, Y/N's partner isn't here. " My head shot up and I looked at my best friend who was smirking at me. "Ok then, miss Y/LN your new partner is miss Merrell."

I looked over at Vanessa who was quietly standing in front of my desk with her hands behind her back. She was wearing black ripped jeans like me, with a grey t-shirt covered up with a black zip-up jacket and low top white vans

 She was wearing black ripped jeans like me, with a grey t-shirt covered up with a black zip-up jacket and low top white vans

"So partners?" She said with a bubbly tone. I forced a smile and nodded. She sat in her seat and pulled out the English reading book. "So um w-what's the p-project on again? " I stuttered rubbing the back of my neck.

"Oh we're doing it on a movie or a TV show based on or from the '80s and we're explaining how it relates to the book we're reading." She explained as she flipped through the pages in the book to the story.

"Oh um sounds good." I smile nervously playing with my hair. As she focused her attention on the book, I studied her facial features. I haven't even been this close to her to know she has freckles spread across her nose and cheeks. Or that she has hardly any makeup on.

"So what TV show or movie do you wanna do? " She asks looking up from her book. "Uhh, you?" Stupidly ask in a daze. "What? " She asks making me snap out of my thoughts. "Oh um you pick." She looks down at her book again not answering.

"Stranger Things?" I manage to say. "What?" She asks once again. "Do you wanna do strange things it's based off the '80s." I crack a nervous smile. "Oh, I've never seen it." She says looking back at the book once again.

Trying to spark up a conversation with this girl I say, "You have to watch it, it's amazing." She thinks for a moment, "Ok how about after practice you take me to your house to watch it." She leans forward and smirks. "Ok sounds good." After I finished the sentence I realized what I just agreed to and freeze. Fuck.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

At lunch, I throw my backpack on the floor and sit down at the table with my head down and scream. "Having fun there?" Lauren asks as she sits next to me. "This is all your fault," I say pointing to her. "Did you do something stupid today?" She asks with a smug smile on her face. "I accidentally invited Vanessa to watch stranger things me after school today." I lay my head down once again.

"Wait you invited one of the cheer bitches to your house to watch stranger things?" Mila asks as she approaches the table. "You know Eli is going to be pissed," Xiomara says eating one of her fries

"Hey while you watch it why don't you take lessons from El, maybe she can show you her secret to dumping Mike," Laur says stealing a fry from Xo.

"Don't spoil the 3rd season for me I haven't seen it yet!" Ava says covering her ears. "Hey, Mila why do you hate The Merrell twins so much?" Xiomara asks raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, you didn't know Y/N in freshman year huh?" Mila says taking a fry. "Stop eating my food!" Xo shouts taking her food away. "You're the only one with food at our table!" Lauren raises her arms.

"Anyway as I was saying, the twins used to make fun of our pal Y/N here." She explains putting her hand on mine. "But why?" She asks before taking a sip of soda that Lauren takes without her noticing.

"Because my compadre, she was an easy target." I look up at the brown-eyed girl and quirk an eyebrow. "I'm an easy target?"

"I think what Mila is trying to say, is that you aren't the type of person who would fight back." The green-eyed girl said in the nicest way she could. "I could fight back, maybe back then I couldn't but now, I definitely can." The four girls laugh at my comment.

"Says the girl that lets her boyfriend use her as a sex object," Mila says taking a drink of Xo's soda.

She was right, I do let Eli use me. But I need him as my cover-up.

"Y/N, stop using him as a cover-up and just come out. Nobody cares whether you're gay, straight or an Elephant!" My best friend says making me laugh.

"I know, but I'm just so far into this relationship and I'm scared of him." I frown and my happiness deteriorates when I think about my boyfriend.

"Move," A voice says as I look up. Vanessa and Veronica come and scoot next to me and Lauren almost making her fall off.

"The fuck are you doing here?" Lauren asks with an eyebrow raised. "Nobody ordered two sluts at this table. " Mila says looking the twins up and down. "I think you're supposed to go to that table over there with all the sweaty boys"

The twins ignored her as they unwrapped their lunch. "So um what are you doing here?" I nervously ask.

Vanessa looks and me and her bitch face turns into her happy bubbly one from English. "Sitting with you of course." She exclaims taking a bite of her sandwich

"Oh um ok," I say looking back at my friends. "Don't we have class together after this? " Veronica asks me leaning on the table. "Uh, I think so?" I say sort of in a question.

"Cool"