opening

release: july 16, 2019
end: august 1, 2019

information:
book 1 of 'nct book series'
genre: angst, fluff
duration: 15 chapters - 20 chapters

highlights:

"so taeyong, any words for the amazing performance?" haechan asks trudging over to said person.

"looks pretty average to me." taeyong responds with a shrug.

"whatever you say boss." haechan responds walking back to y/n's side of the dance room.

"this situation makes no sense to me what-so-ever. you just had to go around, trying to boost your ego some more, by trying to degrade a female. and doing that made half our team leave, to switch to her side," chaeyoung says, walking up to him.

"if you're really gonna give me this talk, again, then why don't you switch teams?" taeyong asks giving her a glare.

"i'm saying is, why don't you two resolve your problems, and make one team?" she asks before going back to practicing.

-

"if you really want to settle this, saturday, nct street, one against one. crowd determines winner. there's no backing down." she says, holding her hand out.

"deal. winner gets title, loser is no longer allowed to dance in regional competitions," he says, shaking her outstretched hand. "get ready y/n."

"you're on taeyong."

-

"taeyong likes you." yuta says with a small frown.

"he does?" y/n asks with wide eyes.

"he does," yuta says with a small smile. "he doesn't open up easily, go talk to him."

-

"it's fine, i can get it!" she says, squeezing through people before making it to the ladder.

"y/n, that's not a good idea!" yuta explains as he tries to get her back down.

"y/n you can get hurt!" kyungsoo exclaims.

"y/n, i think they're right, get down." taeyong speaks up making her roll her eyes.

"i'm fine besides, im already up here!" she exclaims as she retrieves one of the color films meant for the stage lighting.

"get down now! the ladder isn't stable!" the director yells.

"fine, fine!" she exclaims as she goes down slowly, holding the color films in one hand and onto the ladder with the other. "see i'm okay!"

just as she leans back, half way down the ladder, the ladder falls back, as an ear piercing scream was heard, followed by the sound of a chair breaking and crying.

"y/n!"

-

"you win. happy now?" she whispers as tears fall down her cheeks.

he stares at her with tears threatening to spill, as he watches her cry.

"taeyong, leave please."

~

main cast

reader| y/n

lee taeyong

nakamoto yuta

do kyungsoo

cast

nct 127

nct u

bts|park jimin, jung hoseok

got7|im jaebum, tuan mark, choi youngjae

red velvet| kang seulgi, kim yerim

twice|hirai momo, myoui mina, im nayeon

blackpink|kim jisoo, monoban lalisa, park chaeyoung

stray kids|hwang hyunjin, kim woojin