16'

the last week before competition was a complete disaster. both teams trying to figure out costumes as well as prefect choreography and school had also been added to the pile of stress.

both teams were informed they were able to use the stadium where the competition is going to be held at to figure out spacing and lighting as well.

y/n and taeyong, as leaders both were needed in the back room, to make name plates, as well as the needed make up and hair necessities for the coming day.

before y/n walks into the room yuta stops her before saying something to her.

"taeyong likes you." yuta says with a small frown.

"he does?" y/n asks with wide eyes.

"he does," yuta says with a small smile. "he doesn't open up easily, go talk to him."

y/n nods, walking in the room talking a seat across from where taeyong was sitting, writing down names of their members and needed items as well.

"taeyong?" y/n softly calls out.

"yes?" taeyong asks not glancing at her.

"can you hand me the yellow highlighter?" she asks.

taeyong doesn't answer, but hands her the highlighter. they both sit in silence as y/n thinks of words to say.

"don't talk." taeyong whispers, trying not to feel even more bad for not apologizing right away, and for not stopping her from leaving.

"i should be the one upset taeyong-ssi," y/n says with a scoff. "i don't know why i listened to yuta, never mind, forget what i said."

the silence was continued, but soon came to an end.

"what's going to happen with the competition?" y/n asks.

"i guess the bet continues." taeyong says making y/n frown at him.

"fine then," y/n mumbles walking out the room. "know i'm sure everything you told me was a lie."

taeyong doesn't move as he waits for her to leave. as she leaves he pounds a fist on the table before ruffling his hair. he still had managed to mess up and he hasn't even said much.

"y/n! kyungsoo-hyung is here!" ten calls out making her walk to said male to greet him.

"what's up?" y/n asks her brother.

"i'm here for any help needed." kyungsoo smiles.

"oops. i accidentally threw a stage light on one of the low lights!" haechan exclaims.

"can you reach the light?" a stage crew member yells out.

"nope!" another member exclaims trying to push it down with a stick.

"we have a ladder, but it's unstable." the director says bringing a ladder.

everyone circles around the ladder as taeyong finally comes back out holding papers, before going to the crowded area.

"it's fine, i can get it!" she says, squeezing through people before making it to the ladder.

"y/n, that's not a good idea!" yuta explains as he tries to get her back down.

"y/n you can get hurt!" kyungsoo exclaims.

"y/n, i think they're right, get down." taeyong speaks up making her roll her eyes.

"i'm fine besides, im already up here!" she exclaims as she retrieves one of the color films meant for the stage lighting.

"get down now! the ladder isn't stable!" the director yells.

"fine, fine!" she exclaims as she goes down slowly, holding the color films in one hand and onto the ladder with the other. "see i'm okay!"

just as she leans back, half way down the ladder, the ladder falls back, as an ear piercing scream was heard, followed by the sound of a chair breaking and crying.

"y/n!"