The Start

Y/n POV

Once upon a time in a land far far away there lived a happy girl who is destined to meet her prince charming... Bullshit that stuff ain't real. Where's my Prince Charming? I'm sitting here waiting and waiting and waiting but nobody's coming, nobody's coming to save me from this hell hole of school. And to make it even worse everybody stares at me because I'm two months late to starting school. I'm late because I just came back from a mental hospital, yeah yeah a mental hospital. My abusive parents sent me there to prevent people from believing that I'm being abused. Nobody believes me anyway so I don't bother even trying. I'm a freshman at Caeser Academy. Everybody already has their friend group so I'm all alone and it's very awkward, but it's kind of nice listening to my music instead of listening to the lectures. I'm suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when I hear screaming from fan girls. I look up from the floor to see a guy walking down the hallway. I must say he is fine~. Like drop dead gorgeous fine. I watch as he struts the halls with an aura of a king. Girls call out to him, proclaiming their love and how it's greater than one another. Seems like none will actually say it to him.
Suddenly the hall goes quiet, looking the other direction of the hall, I see a girl walking calmly up to who the girls call the king. She is beautiful with long black hair that reached her tailbone and giant brown eyes. Even from my distance I could tell she had the aura of a stuck up princess. A circle forms around the two mouth dropping persons. I somehow got pulled along and ended up with a perfect front row seat. I hear whispers from the girls near me about how the princess like girl who's name is Elizabeth is going to confess her love to him. I glance over at the girls with confusion on my face, them understanding begin to explain in a low whisper.

"The King is constantly receiving love confessions but has yet to accept any of them. Since Miss Elizabeth is so pretty we think maybe she'll have a chance." Girl 1 explains. I nod my understanding before girl 2 adds in.

"Miss Elizabeth is very... rude and stuck up. To be honest nobody likes her but she's from an extremely powerful family so theres nothing we can do. Only one family is above her at this school and that's the Kida family. Ise Kida, the King here at school. His father is the chairman and so everyone was going to respect him because of that but we all do anyway because... well... look at him. He's also at the top of the grade, no surprise there." I nod again, slowly this time since the information is still processing before we turn back to watch the love confession. The Elizabeth girl proudly draws in a breath before claiming her love for him. I blush, embarrassed at how she can do that infront of so many people. Expecting an answer I hear a sigh from girl 1. "Another unsuccessful love confession."
I turn to face them yet again, "why?" They look at me before nodding to each other.

"The King doesn't really talk, I guess he feels he's better so he doesn't need to waste his breath. However, we all know that if someone were to confess and he was able to reciprocate those feelings, he would speak. Since it's been a couple seconds it's apparent that she isn't the one. I'm glad though. Since we still have a chance." They giggle before turning their attention back to the apparently unsuccessful love confession. The Elizabeth girl taps her heeled shoe against the floor in an annoyed manner, waiting for a response. Suddenly the King walks right past her in a slow but deathly manner. Everyone begins to do what they were before this all happened as I watch the now embarrassed girl runs out of the building.

How can she run in those heels? Like wow.

I scurry to my class after hearing the warning bell. Sitting down in the back corner seat, I sigh and place my earbuds in. I don't talk in class and I can read lips really well so the teachers can't get mad at me.

Looking out the window I watch as a different class runs laps. Oof.

"Y/n... Y/N!" I look over to see the teacher glaring daggers at me. Pulling out a single earbud I stare back at him. "Y/n, please answer the question on the board." He says through gritted teeth. I stand and walk to the front before quickly solving the equation and rushing back to sit back down. I notice everyone staring at me, a different stare then normal. Cocking my head to the side I look around. The teacher clears his throat and smiles at me. "Y/n, how did you solve that?" I look at him confused, my most common face these days. "That is a third year level question. Yet you solved it easily." Shit. I was so focused on doing it I didn't realize the level. I know all the stuff for all the years here since my whole life all I was able to do was study. Damn, I wanted to keep a low profile. I look up at the teacher and shrug before getting told to head to the office, needing to change my classes. It was one question but somehow I need to change classes?! Like maybe it was a fluke! Ugh this is more work than I want.

Sliding the door open to the main office, I breathe and take a seat on the leather couch. I place my earbuds back in and close my eyes.

Suddenly they shoot open to lead me to stare into a pair of purple orbs with my e/c orbs. I flinch back as the owner of the eyes stares at me. I look him up and down and reality slaps me in the face. I was looking at the King himself?!!!

My eyes widen in shock before yet again locking with his orbs. In turn he looks me up and down before smirking.

Shit.

Why is it always smirks. My heart begins to race at his extremely hot self.

"Y/n! Please come in!" I quickly stand and bow before heading inward.

King's POV

I watch the fleeting form of y/n. My smirk still plastered in my face. A light chuckle escapes my lips. I see her flinch soon after hearing it, making me smirk more. This one's interesting.

I'll just have to make her like everyone else, obsessed with me. Or maybe she'll be different.