Chapter 21

Nope

I squeeze my eyes shut in anticipation, is she back?? I start to feel for the bars, still keeping my eyes closed, and scoot myself to the corner. I hear a light laugh and my heart begins to race.

"(Y/n)~~ I got you a gift." She laughs lightly and walks towards the fridge. She's holding a box, but that's all I can tell. She places it into the fridge before turning and facing me. "Well? Do you want to know what it is?"

"No."

"Aww! That's no fun! I put energy into this and you don't want it?! Why?" She pouts and approaches the cage.

"No." I glare at her before turning and facing the other direction.

"Hmm, so you're mad at me. Why? What did I do to make you mad?"

I have at the though of her dumb self.

"Why? Why!? That's what you're asking?!" I turn and, I'm a fit of rage attempt to stand and hit my head on the top.

"Uh~ oh~ seems someone forgot where they were, tehe."

I collapse to the floor and play the game of being passed out. She won't do anything to me if she thinks I'm unconscious, right? I'll just wait till she leaves and then try to escape.

I close my eyes and think about how it wasn't this bad with Ise, he didn't treat me like this. Well, he kinda did. But at least he didn't put me in a damn cage and keep that said cage in a shed! Or whatever this place is. Moments of us cuddling and him making jokes that embarrassed me. Memories that were happy were flooding into my head, memories I've forgotten.

I guess I really only looked at the fact he locked me up first. I mean, that's still bad but... if it's him, it's another story.

It seems hours have passed because once I snap out of my blank thoughts, Yulia has left, but I can hear faint footsteps. I get up, thinking they are hers, leaving.

The door opens and Yulia walks back in.

"Great! You're awake!! I ran out to grab this!" She holds up a small cloth. I stare at it, nothing comes to mind as to why she needs a cloth that small, but whatever. "Since you're awake, you can get your gift now!! Oh, I'm so excited!" She opens the cage and pulls me out, grabbing some rope and locking my hands behind my back. I'm led to the couch where she sits me down before placing the cloth over my lap. "Ok, close your eyes!" I do as she says, probably don't want to find out what she'd do if I didn't listen. The fridge clicks open, I guess the box has my gift. I feel a cold shiver crawl up my back.

I'm scared of what this is going to be.

"Ok! Open!" I slowly open my eyes and look down.

It's a jar.

With ashes.

"W...ho?" My voice cracks. I don't really have friends except for Kyo and Ise. If Ise can even be called a friend.

"Awww! Don't be sad~ that Kyo guy, he seemed to care about you... so this section is him!" She points to the left edge of the jar.

Section?

That means it's more than one person?!

"Who else?" I don't really want to know, but I want to know.

"That one? Oh! For this one I think you'll like it! Since you were so anxious to get away from him and everything!"

My heart drops. I stare in horror at the jar.

"Please no." Tears start to stream down my face.

"Awww! You are so happy you're crying?! Cute! I didn't think you would like it that much! Yup that evil man named Ise is now in a jar on your lap. In ashes~~."

I look at her, my vision blurry from the tears.

"No." She frowns and grabs my shoulder pulling me to a stand. I panic and the jar drops to the floor. I sob and am pulled into the cage.

"Great! Now you've made a mess." She sighs and locks me up, not bothering to untie my arms. I glare and turn to face the other way.

She starts to pile the ashes and throws them into the trash. My body collapsed.

If Ise is dead, then it's hopeless. I have no reason to live. To escape.

I curl into the best ball I can get into, that being not so great cuz of the ropes and all. I let myself drift into sleep, a sense of fear leaving because now I've hit rock bottom.

I wake up and it's completely dark. Probably around one in the morning? Yulia isn't there, thank god.

The memories of the past scenes flash through my head.

That's right.

Ise's dead.

I begin to sob and the wails just grow louder and louder. Since Yulia's not here, I can cry all I want.

It's strange cuz I never really cried until I met Ise, and now I'm crying for him.

The door swings open, I don't hear it due to my wails.

My body instinctively stops, my breath hitches and I scan the room. A figure stands at the door. The frame too large to be Yulia. I can't see the face or anything. Just then, it talks.

"Is my little kitten ready to go home~?"

.