Chapter 18

Games

I smile at Yulia and nod in agreement.

"That sounds fun! What should we play??" She clasps onto my hands and drags me towards the back of the room.

"I have just the game!" Said girl chirps and tugs harder. I am stuck just being pulled along.

I glance around and see a small black door at the corner of the classroom, Yulia approaches it and grabs at the gold lock. I take notice of the key hanging around her neck. My adrenaline starts to rise as I watch her open the door.

I grab her arm, "where are we going?" She smiles and tugs at my arm.

" don't worry. It's nothing too scary. Hee hee." She closes the door behind me as I take a look around.

It's a kitchen. "Why do you have a lock to the kitchen?"

"Oh! Well, the other people mess with the equipment and it bugs me, so I just lock it up."

"Oh! That makes sense." I giggle and continue to browse.

"Gotta lock up what's mine so others don't touch." I spin and stare at Yulia. She smiles innocently.

"What'd you just say???" I take a step back.

"Hmm? I didn't say anything!?" She hushed me and skipped past me.

That was weird.

"Ok... so... what are we going to play?" I try to change the topic.

"Oh yes! I thought that we'd have a cooking contest. We'll be the judge of each other. Does that sound fun?" She shines this Cheshire grin that I can't say no to.

"Sure! But I'm definitely not as good as you!"

"I'll give you a head start. The theme should be..." said girl ponders, unable to think.

"Desserts!" I pipe in, it's fun to make sweet things, and baking is easier than cooking- or so I've heard.

"Perfect!"

I'll make (favorite dessert)! Yay! I love it soooo much, can't wait! I'll make her one and me one because it's too good to not eat.

I'm finishing up the last of the details to my dessert right as the timer goes off. I slip it into a plate that has a rosy touch to it and bring it over to the counter.

Yulia has a lid over hers, I wonder what she made?

"Can I see?"

"In a sec. I gotta do the grand opening to the lid to be dramatic." She positions herself before  lifting the lid.

It's a slice of cake. It's (favorite flavor)! (If you don't like cake- substitute it for something you do).

I gaze at the perfectly frosted top and the vibrant color.

"Shall I go first? I'm excited!" Yulia pipes. I nod my head before handing her my creation.