Chapter 10

Memphis POV

"If you don't want me to kiss you, now is the time to tell me. Because once I take another step closer to you I'm not sure if I can stop myself. Not with you looking like that." Harry says, and I can see the list shining in his eyes. He wants me, bad. He still has water dripping down his skin, and I can't seem to look away from the artwork that is covering his chest. I never knew he had tattoos, having never seen him with his shirt off.

What is it about tattoos that makes a guy so hot?

    I knew I was playing with fire, putting his shirt on and nothing else. But I never expected him to actually act on it.

    I certainly wasn't prepared for the reaction it would bring out in me. My body warms and a craving starts to build. My mouth opens in both surprise and want.

    "Well?" He prompts.

    "Harry, I want you.." I say, and he doesn't let me finish before he's strutting towards me. But right before he reaches me, I say something that stops him. "But I can't have you."

    He eyes me. "Why not?"

    "It could never work."

    "Why though? Give me an actual reason, not just a bullshit excuse."

    "My brother."

    "Is an asshole, but he's not someone who can't be dealt with."

    If only it were that simple. "He's not the type that is handled, he handles everything around him."

    "Including you?" He asks, and steps back from me. Which makes me both happy and sad. Happy, because I can think clearly again. Sad, because I really liked the way I felt with him so close to me.

    "Unfortunately, yes." I answer him.

    "You can't let him dictate your whole life, Memphis. What, are you just never going to be with someone? Never going to be in control of your own life?"

    "Of course I will be, just not while I'm here."

    "You're leaving." He speculates, making it a statement and not a question.

    "As soon as possible." I'm risking a lot by telling him, but for some reason I know I can trust him.

    "Where are you going to go?" He asks, as he walks around his room, with nothing a towel wrapped around his waist. He goes into his closet and I hear the sound of his towel dropping onto the plush carpet.

    "College, but just away from here."

    "How far away?" He walks out of the closet and he has on black jeans, a plain white tshirt, and black boots.

    "Did you put on underwear?" I ask him before I can stop myself.

    "Do you?" He retorts with a crooked smile.

    I don't, and he knows it. Thats why he asked me. "Not too far, probably somewhere still in New York, but just away from here. And away from where my brother won't find me." I direct our conversation back to a safer territory.

    "Like Ivey league?" He has a smirk on his face, and I know it's because were both picturing the other without underwear on. He walks over to the dresser where I am, and grabs a guitar pick thats on a chain, and puts it around his neck.

    "That would be nice, but the only way I'll be able to afford that is with a scholarship." And stop having run ins with the police. Thankfully nothing has ever gone against my actual record, but my luck is going to run out at some point. A person can only get so many free passes.