Chapter 19

Memphis POV

I could feel the bead of sweat sliding down my back as I sat in my desk, doing my best to pay attention to class but barely able to hold my head up.

All night, I stayed up worrying again, because I knew what the morning light would bring. I left the house early with the excuse that I wanted to run.

Well, not really an excuse. I did want to run, running was one of the few things that would give me a clear head. But really I just wanted to get to the school as early as possible, by myself and get my punishment over with. Sometimes waiting for him to come get me made things even worse. I would be anxious all day, and I didn't want to risk going to class and being called into his office and Harry witness it again and cause a scene.

Though I guess that happened anyway.

It still seemed surreal to me that my brother knew what was going on, that he had walked in on Principal Sanders sitting next to me, whipping me verbally with every word he spewed my way.

Unfortunately, he took it out on my hands again. When I look at them folded on the top of my desk, I could still see the red lined welts he left on me from the repeated slashes he doled out. I could still hear the air going behind the ruler as he brought it down. Again and again.

75 slaps this time to be exact. That's how many hits I got for my transgressions I committed yesterday. It's the most I've ever gotten, and even just picking up my pencil to try and copy my notes causes them to hurt.

He didn't let up any either. Not even when I let a few treacherous tears and squeals out. The harder I fought, the harder he hit. But he liked it that way. I could hear his breathing and grunts getting heavier, the louder and more uncomfortable I got. When he stepped closer to me at a certain angle, I could see that his dick was getting hard in his navy blue slacks. He stepped forward and rubbed it against the arm of my chair, and I repelled so fast I nearly fell out of it.

When he yanked me forward, all I could think about was how badly I didn't want him to pull me over to his desk and throw me on top. He was so much taller. So much stronger. It wouldn't take much for him to be able to hold my hands down and rip off my running shorts. I would have screamed till my lungs gave out, but no one would have hear-

"Memphis!"

I jump in my seat, knocking my knees on the bottom of my desk roughly. My teacher is bent down and looking at me with concern in her eyes. I look around and notice the classroom is empty.

"I've been saying your name for minutes now, dear. Class has been over."

"Oh..I'm sorry. I'll just..go." I reach down and grab my bag, doing my best not to let it show how I almost dropped it when my fingers curled into a fist, and that my heart feels like it's beating 200 beats a minute in my chest right now.

"You're awfully pale and sweaty dear, are you okay? Should I call your brother to get you?" She offers, true concern marring her face.

"No, no. Don't do that. I'm okay. Just tired, didn't sleep much last night. I'm good Mrs. Greene." I ran out of the class as fast as I could, before she could ask anymore questions.

I needed to get my shit together, and fast. I was already wondering what the hell I was going to tell Knox and Harry this afternoon. I knew I couldn't keep this from them anymore, there was no denying what they saw. But would I tell them everything?

I could come up with something. Could make up a believable lie that would stop Knox from doing anything irrational. Because as much as I wanted to stick Principal Sanders' ruler so far up his ass that he could taste the wood, I wanted to keep my brother out of prison even more. And if I told him what was really going on, that's exactly where he would go.