Chapter 18

Harry POV

    Walking out the door to leave for school, I'm shocked when I see Bristol and Nash walking up the steps to a school bus, and Knox lowering himself into a car of the girl I saw him with that night at the party.

    Memphis is nowhere to be seen. And she hasn't answered any of my text, and to say that's a little upsetting after all that has happened between us the last two days would be an understatement. She couldn't blame not giving me a chance on Knox anymore, he was fine with us yesterday.

    He also nodded his head at me when he saw me climbing on my bike and we made eye contact before he started down the road.

    I'm hoping maybe she stayed at home with Dickson, since he's wrote out of school for the rest of the week. Either way, she's not getting rid of me. She doesn't understand just how much I love a good chase, especially if shes the prize at the end.

~

    Walking into class, my eyes instantly go to the desk where she's been sitting beside me, but it's empty. And shes still not sitting in it after our teacher walks in and class starts. I pull my phone out under my desk, and send her another text message in hopes she won't leave this one unanswered as well.

    Class ends, and with still no word from her, my gut feeling is that something isn't right. I set out to find Knox and ask him about it, and maybe find out where the hell she is. Give myself some peace of mind.

    It doesn't slip past me either that I'm more worried about this girl after only knowing her for a week, than I was about girls I knew for months and would regularly hooked up with. I didn't know how I felt about it, but I was never one to shy away from what I wanted, and this was no exception.

    Finally finding Knox in the hallway, I walk up to him and a couple of buddies he's standing with. When he notices me, his eyebrows furrow like he knows there's something bothering me that affects him.

    "Can I talk to you for a sec?" I ask, sticking my hands in my pockets.

    "Sure," He nods, and steps away from his friends before walking to a more secluded part of the hallway where everyone won't be so right in our conversation. "What's up?"

    "Memphis stay home today?" I ask.

    He shakes his head. "No, she said she was going to run here and then shower in the gym before class."

    "Well she never showed up to class." I tell him, and the sinking feeling of dread digs deeper into my chest.

    "You're sure?"

    "Positive man, we have it together and she never came in. Ive sent her text and haven't got anything back from her."

     "Gram took our phones last night and my car keys when we wouldn't tell her what happened to Dickson." He explains.

     "You think she went back home to hang out with again for the day?" I ask, hoping that's the case.

    Because the next logical explanation is that she's in Principal Sanders office, and I'm really hoping that's not where the hell she is right now.

     "Hand me your phone." Knox says, sticking his hand out towards me. "I'll call our house phone and see if she's there."

    I hand him my phone and he starts typing in the number before holding it to his ear. A couple seconds later he starts talking.

     "Yeah D, it's Knox. Is Memphis there with you? ..Did she ever come back at all? Alright. Well if she shows up call this number back and let me know, this is Harry's phone." He ends the call and hands my phone back to me. "She's not been back home since she left this morning."