Chapter 41 (Last Chapter)

Memphis POV

  Graduation day is today. Knox and Harry are graduating from high school, and I couldn't be more proud.

    So much has changed this year, and not just for me. My brother Knox finally let someone in who wasn't family. Harry and him are thick as thieves when I'm not around, and I love it. For the most part.

    Harry has been a great influence on Knox, and Harry's dad even more. To tell you the truth, I don't know exactly what Knox told Harry's dad about his gang, Rebels Six, and what all he did. But one day Knox was gone all day and most of the night, and when he came home, he informed me and Dickson that he was no longer going to be working for the gang.

    He got out. I'm not sure how, and I really didn't care. I was just so happy my brother was no longer apart of that world that I didn't want to ruin the moment with unnecessary questions. But whatever did happen, it changed Knox's relationship with Harry's dad. They were a lot closer, and Officer Styles didn't frown every time we came around, and Gram had even convinced him to come eat at our house a couple nights a week for dinner.

    So to say life had been amazing lately would be an understatement. It had never been better. The only thing that could make it better would be if my Pop was still alive to see us now. I know he would be so proud of Knox. I saw my Gram walk into Knox's room this morning right before we were leaving for the ceremony and she handed Knox one of Pops old ties to wear.

    When Knox's head bowed and Gram wrapped her arms around him, I had to look away to keep myself from bawling my eyes out. I knew Pop wasn't here in person, but in spirit he was always watching over us, and I knew he had his eyes especially on Knox today.

     I was sitting in the crowd with my brothers, Gram, Harry's mom, her boyfriend Baron, and Officer Styles, and they had just started calling the last names to come up and receive their diplomas. We had already had to separate Nash and Bristol for arguing over having enough space in the seats.

     Finally, the Vice Principal called out Knox's name. They still hadn't chosen a principal to replace Aiden. I think they were letting everyone recover from the last one before officially choosing someone new.

     "Knoxville Henry Brooks." He said, and Knox walked across the stage to grab his diploma and shook hands with everyone else standing up there. Dickson, Nash, and Bristol all stood up out of their seats and cheered loudly for him. A couple random girls in the audience yelled for him too, but I didn't let myself dwell on what all that meant.

     I saw Knox look over at us in the crowd and smile at his little fan club, and when I caught his eye I sent him a wink and he sent me one back.

     "Sit down and be quiet before you get us kicked out." Gram said to my brothers, knowing we had just been told before the Graduation started that anyone being disruptive would be asked to leave. Clearly, my brothers fell short when it came to following the rules.

     What seemed like an eternity later, they finally called Harry's name to get his diploma as well.

     "Harry Edward Styles."

    And just like before, my brothers all stood up and cheered loudly once again, and Harry couldn't help but look and laugh at their antics. Why anyone was surprised by them at this point was beyond me. They could pull out foam fingers and a bull horn and I still wouldn't be surprised.

    Finally, all the names were all called and the congratulations were said, and all the seniors tossed their graduation caps up in the air, and the whole audience stood as one and cheered them on loudly.