7: Tessa

Clary and I walked down the hallway of the New York Institute. It was so different from the London one. Also their clothing was very different.

Clary was wearing blue faded pants that looked a bit rough, and a purple jacket of some sort. I was wearing a yellow dress, very different I thought.

"You look so ever like Henry." I say starting off the conversation.

"Yes I do." Clary says. " Henry is probably where I get my red hair from." She says while absentmindedly touching her hair

"Magnus told me you were engaged to Jem." She says.

"Yes I am." I say with a smile.

"Don't tell Jace I said this, but Will is very attractive." Clary says a embarrassed.

I laugh. "He is, isn't he." I say with a smile, and then it immediately disappears.

Will

Even his name made my heart feel light and also very heavy. I loved him so much. It broke my heart pushing him away that day he told me he loved me. But I also loved Jem, and I couldn't turn back on Jem either.

Speaking of Will, I was so lost in my thoughts that I walked right into him, walking with Jace.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I exclaim as he steadies me with his hands. His hands are sending a burning sensation through my body.

"It's okay Tess." He says with small smile.

My heart unravels when he calls me Tess. We just stand there staring at each other for a moment. I snap out of my trance and turn to look at Jace and Clary, they were exchanging glances with each other.

Then Jace cleared his throat snapping Will out of his trance. "Um we'll be on our way then."

"Yes." Will says with a smile.

"Bye clary." Jace says as he kisses her on the cheek, and him and Will both walk away.

"Oh your dating Jace?" I ask with a smile.

"Yes I am." She says shyly

We begin walking again and Clary stops us at a big door. She pushes it open and I can't help but gasp.

We're in a library. The biggest library I had ever seen. There book shelves from ceiling to floor filling the entire room. It was bigger than the library in London.

"This is amazing." I breathe and Clary smiles.

" Will would love this." I say before I could stop myself.

Clary looks at me hard for a second, but then she smiles. Peculiar, I think.

After a few more minutes in the library Clary says. "We should probably go get ready for dinner now."

And we go on our way.