12: Tessa

"Where are we going?" I ask for the second time as Clary pulls me along the streets of New York.

" To a bowling alley." She says simply.

"A what?" I ask curiously.

She laughs and rolls her eyes. "You'll see."

I couldn't be more grateful for Clary right now. After kissing Will, I was a complete wreck. I couldn't believe that I had done that to Jem.

Clary stopper at a door with a lot of blinking lights around it, and pulled me in. We walked inside and first I heard the noises. The bang of something- I'm not sure what- falling, and the peoples chatters.

I looked around and saw people throwing balls down some sort of lane, and hitting tall pin like objects. How strange I thought. Clary pulled me over to a counter and got us both a pair of shoes.

While Clary got our shoes, I noticed everyone was staring at me. At first I wondered why, but turn I realized it was my clothes. I was still wearing my yellow dress, dresses were not the style I guess here.

Clary got our shoes, and We both went and sat down at a table. Clary started to put her shoes on.

"Umm what are these for?" I ask

"These are the special shoes your supposed to wear, to bowl." She said and I wondered what "bowl" meant

"That reminds me." Clary said. " I brought you some clothes to change into. Here take these and go change in the bathroom over there." She said while giving me a stack of clothing.

I walked over to the restroom and changed. I came back out dressed like a shadowhunter. Oh well, I thought at least everyone won't stare now.

"Great!" Clary said as I walked over to her. "Now we can start playing!"

I followed her to an empty lane, and sad down in one of the seats. Clary went over and picked up a ball.

"Okay so here's how it works." She explained. "The point of the game is to throw the ball down the lane and hit as many pins as you can. The more pins you knock over, the more points you get. Do you get it?" she finished

I nodded my head and Clary went up to throw the ball. She threw it, and knocked over all the pins. Then it was my turn. I went up and picked up a ball, it was heavier than I had expected. I went up to the lane and mirrored the way Clary had thrown it.

The ball rolled down the lane, and knocked over all the pins!!

"Great job!" Clary exclaimed.

Two hours later, and three games later, Clary and I were walking back to the Institute. Bowling was a lot fun! I was actually good at it, not to be superior.

"Thank you Clary, I had a wonderful time." I said.

"Your welcome." She said. "And so did I."

We were both silent for a few minutes.

"Tessa can I ask you something?" Clary says a bit hesitantly.

"Of course." I say.

"Do you ever wish that it was Will that you were marrying?" she asks quietly.

Her words made me freeze a bit. Do I? I had never really thought about it. I love both Jem and Will equally.

" To be honest Clary, I'm not sure. If I did not know Jem, I would not love Will the way I do. And if I did not know Will, I would not love Jem the way I do as well." I say

We reached the doors of the Institute.

"Well I have to admit, they both are pretty attractive." Clary says finally.

I laugh. "Yes, yes they are." I say and we walk inside.