24: Gabriel

I had been locked up in my room for ages now. After Jem had gone, I didn't think I could handle all the crying, and mourning. Finally I had decided to leave my room, and go to the Greenhouse.

As I walked, I thought how much I wanted to leave this place. Sure it was nice in the beginning, but I missed home. I also missed Gideon but I would never say it.

Lately, I had been thinking about my father and how I had killed him. It seemed so silly but it still haunted me. Those sounds coming from his study, the servants one by one slowly disappearing.

Still, somehow I missed my father. With him and my mother gone Gideon was all I had left, and I guess I had Tatiana. I pulled open the doors to the greenhouse, to see a girl with black hair with her back facing me.

I should have known she would be here. I turned around to leave but the I got stopped.

"Gabriel? is that you?" Cecily said as she turned around.

"Yes it is me." I say finally.

"I thought so." she said as she sat down on a bench.

I slowly went and sat down beside her. Every time I was around Cecily, I felt my heart race a thousand times faster.

We were both silent for a few minutes.

"I cannot imagine how Will feels right now." Cecily says finally.

"Neither can I." I had to admit, I did feel bad for him. He just lost his brother basically. I couldn't even imagine losing Gideon.

"How have you been?" she asks me.

"About what?" I asked.

"Your father." She says turning to face me.

I look down at the ground, and sighed.

"I'm okay I guess. I keep having nightmares of him. It's my fault that's he's dead. I killed with my own arrow." I say bitterly.

"Gabriel, he would have died anyways. And that demon you killed, that wasn't your father. He was already gone. Killing him was the least you could do for him." Cecily says softly.

I look up at her, finally looking at her properly. Her blue eyes are soft, and he mouth is in a faint smile. She really was beautiful. I slowly lean in, and she does too.

We finally kiss, and it is wonderful. I had never kissed anyone before and this was amazing. We kissed for about the seconds and the she pulled away.

"I rate that a five." She says teasingly and I laugh thinking back to that day in the training room.

"You can rate it whatever you want, just say you'll be mine?" I say.

"Of course Mr. Lightwood." Cecily says and she leans into kiss me again.