29: Will

I woke up the next morning with Tessa in my arms. I smiled, we were engaged. I had dreamed of this, and now it was real. I got up quietly now waking Tessa, and got changed.

I walked out of the room and into the dining room. The only who was at the table was Clary. I went down and sat across from her, and smiled. She smiled back.

"Good morning." she said.

"Good morning." I said.

We were silent for second, until she spoke.

"I'm sorry for asking, but I just have to know. Are you and Tessa engaged?" Clary blurted out.

I laughed, and said " yes we are."

"I knew it would happen while they were here." she says to herself quietly.

"Wait, you knew it was going to happen?" I ask confused.

Clary waves my question off. "Anyways there's someone waiting for you in the training room."

I get up and start to walk to the training room. Who could it be? I thought. I open up the doors to the training room, and there stands Jem.

He's wearing parchment colored robes, and there are runes on his face. He carries a staff, and his face is showing no expression. I almost collapse at the sight of him.

"Jem, what are you doing here?" I barely choke out ad I walk towards.

"The Silent Brothers said they would let me visit one person, so I picked you." He says his voice still the same as it once had been.

"Why me? why not Tessa? she is your fiancé." I say

"She's not my fiancé anymore." He says while smiling at me a bit, then I dumbly remember that we are engaged. "And she probably couldn't stand the sight of me anyways." Jem says.

"I miss you so much." I whisper.

"I do too Will." He says. "You are all leaving today."

"Are you going to be there? back in 1878?" I ask.

"Yes I will be there, but as Silent Brother not as a shadowhunter." Jem says

"Will this be the last time I see you?" I ask sadly.

"For awhile, yes. But I'm not truly gone Will. I'm still here with you, with every step you take, every breath you take, ill be right there beside you." he says while walking closer to me.

"One day we will walk through the gates of heaven together. I'll be waiting for you. I can promise you that James."I say as a tear runs down my cheek.

He puts a hand on my shoulder. " I don't doubt you for a second William, I never have."He says as he smiles at me.

Then he leaves. My best friend, my brother, my Parabatai leaves me.

(Omg I almost cried while writing this chapter 😭😭😭😭😭😢😢😢)