14: Cecily

We all walked into the library. Charlotte and Henry were standing by the large desk that sat in front of a statue of the Angel Raziel. We all took a seat on a chair.

"I have been contact with Aloyius Starkweather." Charlotte starts.

"Aloyius Starkweather?" Will says unbelievingly. "Why him?"

"Because he is the only ally we've got, and the only person I could trust to tell that we were in the future. Now, he has said that Mortmain knows that we aren't at the Institute." Charlotte says.

"He also knows, that we are the future." She says sadly.

"How?!" Tessa exclaims.

"I cannot be sure, but he must have eyes and ears all around." Charlotte replies.

"Aloyius has said that Mortmain plans to build a time machine to come here and murder us. If he does succeed with that, and we all get killed. Our the people here living at the Institute, our descendants won't be alive." She says

"Because if we die, there's no way for them to exist." I say, putting the pieces together.

"Yes that's right Cecily." Henry says.

"So basically, we have to live for them?" Gabriel asks.

"Yes" Charlotte says. "But also for ourselves. I do doubt that you want to die Gabriel."

"No he wants to live so he can marry my sister." Will says in a voice that only I hear, and I glare at him.

"Do we know if Mortmain is actually making a time machine?" Tessa asks

Wills head shoots up as he hears Tessa's voice. I felt so bad for him, but I had an idea. I needed to know if Will ended up with Tessa so I was going to ask Isabelle.

"Aloyius is not sure, but he thinks so." Charlotte says regretfully.

We all are silent. If Mortmain finds a way here, Isabelle, Jace, none of then will exist. We had to protect ourselves, and them by not dying. Soon after, the meeting ended and I wandered around the Institute. Until I bumped into Gabriel, at the library.

"Hi" he mumbled

"Hi." I said

"Are you worried?" he suddenly blurts out. "About Mortmain?"

I sigh. "Yes I am. If he finds a way to get here, I don't know what we'll do." I say

Gabriel walks over to me and stands very close to me. Then all of the sudden his lips are centimeters away from mine. Then I hear the library's doors open.

"By the angel Cecily!!!" Will shouts covering his eyes.

I groan. "Will what is it now?!" I shout annoyed.

"I was simply just going to get a book. But now my mood is ruined, because i just saw you kissing Lightworm!" Will says.

"We weren't kissing!" I snap.

"I told you to stay away from him!" He exclaims.

"You can't control what I do, William." I say defiantly.

"Whatever! no one ever listens to me anyways." Will mutters under his breath as he leaves.

"Is he ok?" Gabriel asks me awkwardly.

I sigh. "I'll never know."