27: Clary

I was standing with Tessa, at the Christmas party. Isabelle had really out done herself. The Institute was like a Christmas tree.

"Isabelle has really out done herself." I say to Tessa.

"Yes she certainly has. She managed to put this all together, and yet still look stunning. " Tessa says with a chuckle.

"Where is Isabelle?" she asks.

I look around for a minute, but I find her. She is slow dancing with Simon. Yess! I thought Simon probably told her he loves her!

"She's dancing with Simon." I say as I point to the crowd.

"They are very cute together." Tessa says while smiling. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but have you and Simon ever dated?"

"Yes for like two days." I laugh. "I don't know. I never really liked him like that, but I couldn't say no to him back then."

"How have you been doing since Jem?" I ask cautiously.

Her face falls a bit at his name, and I regret asking.

"I'm alright I guess. Will and I are getting through this together." She says finally.

"You know Tessa, I'm really going to miss you." I say.

"I'll miss you too Clary." She says with a smile.

We talk for a few more minutes, and then Tessa goes to find Will and I am left alone.

"You look like your having fun, standing there alone." a voice says and I smile and turn around.

It's Jace. He's wearing a tuxedo, and his hair is a bit messy. He is smirking at me.

"Where have you been all night?" I ask while hugging him.

"Isabelle asked me to help welcome the guests. It was horrible." he shudders and I laugh.

"Come with me. I have something for you." Jace says and follow him out into a balcony.

The balcony is over looking most of Brooklyn and my breath is taken away for a moment. Jace suddenly hands me a box. I open it and inside is a bracelet, it's silver and it it says the word forever on it.

"Jace this is beautiful." I say touched. "You didn't have to get me this."

"Yes I do. Wanna know why?" he says

"Why?" I say.

"Because I love you." He says.

We then kiss, and all I can think about is Jace.