File 14: Surprise

Minny parked the car, "We've arrived at the rest station for Florence."

"Man, it was a great thing that your Restoration Magia fixed the RV that I broke," smiled Inferno, "We could've arrived here after ages!"

"It seems like traffic started booming again," said Exodus as she checked the highway, "I didn't know that Draiocht had this much power to completely close off a highway."

Persona, Dante, and Minny got out of the RV, planning on using the restrooms at the rest station.

"Hey Dante," asked Persona as they entered the restroom, "Do you do your business in the bathroom like a dog or like how a normal human does it?"

Dante glared at Persona.

"..alright. Wrong question to ask."

After a few minutes, they returned to the RV, bringing snacks.

"Jesus," said Minny as she entered the RV, "Its like you guys haven't moved at all."

The rest of the gang stared at Minny, all being silent. They didn't move a single muscle. Suddenly, Minny was pushed out of the RV by an invisible force. The door to the RV closed.

"Woah," said Persona, "What was that?"

"Lettuce must've pushed me away from the RV," replied Minny, "Something's probably wrong. He closed the doors using his Telekinetic Magia, so I don't think he wants us going inside."

"RV.. cursed?" asked Dante.

"That's a good idea. If we step into that RV, there's a chance that we might end up in the same situation as them. Whatever the situation they're in.. it must be pretty serious."

"Didn't you step inside the RV, Minny?" asked Persona.

"Yeah. I haven't noticed it back then, but I'm noticing it right now. For some reason, my left hand has grown numb. I can't make any ice spears out of it. I think it's spreading to my left arm as well too. Persona, if you will?"

Persona went over to Minny and touched her left arm. After a few seconds, Minny was able to move her hand and arm again.

"I'm thinking that this is some sort of Paralyzation Magia," explained Minny, "Your Restoration Magia is a direct counter to it, Persona. We can't let your hands get paralyzed or we'll risk our only chance at survival."

"So.. where's the user?" asked Persona.

"That's why we have Dante."

Dante was already on the job. His demon wolves began sniffing out any strange scents. Demon falcons in the air looked for any strange individuals. A wolf barfed at the stench of the restroom.

Suddenly, a wolf began barking outside the girl's restroom. Minny, Dante, and Persona rushed to the wolf. The user must've been inside.

"Persona, stay outside," said Minny.

"Yeah.. you're right," replied Persona nervously, "It's pretty embarrassing for a guy to enter a girl's bathroom while you do your business."

"No that's not it," explained Minny, "This restroom could be a paralyzation zone, just like the inside of our RV. You could get paralyzed the moment you step inside. I want you to stay outside so that you won't get affected."

"Oh.. yeah. That's what I meant."

Minny stepped inside. There, she found Marzio sitting by a sink.

"Minny. Bangtan Gang #32's leader," announced Marzio, "Welcome."

"Cut the bullshit, Marzio," replied Minny, "Why is your team going after us?"

"We're after your Capo position of course," replied Marzio, "By doing that, we're going to kill each single one of you."

"Why didn't you kill my gang members back at the RV? Or back at the highway with Anthros? Those were plenty of times to kill us."

"I want you all to suffer for what you did to Sandman and Soundman. Now I'm going to have to avenge Kerstagg and Catterio too."

"Huh, I didn't think of you to be the 'avenging my friends' type of person."

"You're cruel. Despite them being stupid team members, they were just like my family."

"That's stupid," Minny lied to get Marzio angry, "All team members are just to be used as pawns. They have no real meaning to them except for sacrifices that must be made. If you can't see that, then you're not really fit to be a Capo after all."

Angered, Marzio yelled, "You fool! You didn't realize that you were being paralyzed all this time that we were talking! Once you're paralyzed, I'm going to murder you and claim your role as Capo! Who knows? Maybe I can feed your dead body to the alleyway to get raped!"

Marzio was right. Minny fell to the ground, creating an ice spear in her hand.

"Make an attack. I dare you," smiled Marzio, "It'll be easy for me to get away from it, especially from that angle. I bet that that's the only ice spear you can make since I've pretty much paralyzed your Magia!"

Minny threw the ice spear, but not at the direction of Marzio. The girl's restroom door broke because of the spear. From outside came three demon wolves, hungry for a meal.

"Dante's demon wolves!" gasped Marzio, "And three of them? Just because you have numbers, you think you could get past my paralyzation zone? I'll tell you a little trick about it. The more beings in the paralyzation zone, the faster they paralyze!"

The demon wolves rushed into the girl's bathroom, glaring at Marzio. Dante looked from outside, smiling.

"What?" thought Marzio to himself, "Why aren't they paralyzing?"

"Dante's wolves aren't physical," smiled Persona, "So they aren't affected too greatly by the effects of Magia."

"Bangtan Gang #32 has a seventh member?" thought Marzio, panicking as the wolves got near him, "I didn't hear about this!"

Marzio's thoughts were interrupted by three wolves tearing his clothes and skin apart, eating him.

"Geralt!" Marzio yelled as his final words.

Finally, the paralyzation zone had stopped. Minny could move again. She stood up as Dante and Persona entered the restroom.

"Nice job, Dante," said Minny as she gave him a Lifechanger gummy.

"Who's this Geralt guy?" asked Persona.

"Now that I think about it, Draiocht Gang #17 has one final memb—"

Immediately, bullets seemed to appear from the restroom walls, shooting down Minny, Dante, and Persona. They all fell to the ground, blood coming out of their bodies.