File 25: Duality

The gang picked out some hotdogs near a famous Naples bistro. It was lunch time for them, and they were discussing their next target. Earlier, a worker spilled a coffee just by getting scared of a certain debate.

"A hotdog is a sandwich," stated Exodus.

"Can't be," replied Inferno, "It's a taco."

"How is it a taco when a hotdog is between two pieces of bread? If a hotdog has bread, it has to be a sandwich. All sandwiches have bread on them!"

"Except that the bread is connected to each other, making a U shape to hold the hotdog. This can conclude that it is a taco, which resembles the same U shape as a hotdog's bread."

"The shape doesn't matter, it's the ingredients!"

"The ingredients are of no relevance, it's always the shape."

"Based on the Cube Rule of Food," interrupted Wraith, "Which is a specification of types of food based on starch locations, we can conclude that a hotdog is a taco based on its shape. The U shaped bread unique to the hotdog classifies it as a taco. However, if the sandwich was cut in two, cutting the U shape in half, then that would classify the hotdog as a sandwich."

"So I was correct!" announced Exodus, holding her hotdog.

"Hell no!" replied Inferno, "He just explained why you were wrong!"

As Exodus, Wraith, and Inferno bickered, Lettuce and Minny began formulating plans.

"We've got to take out the Oracle first," said Minny, "She's of the biggest threat. When she's close enough, she'll be able to predict our attacks."

"Where is she located?" asked Lettuce.

"Possibly close to a warehouse, which is the usual base of Faizione. However, they transition from warehouse to warehouse to prevent being found, so we might need Dante's help in securing a location."

"Hey guys.." asked Persona, pointing outside of the bistro, "What is that!?"

Two people were outside of the bistro: The woman wore a white dress and the man wore a black suit. They both held a gatling gun together, its barrel spinning.

"Get down!" yelled Lettuce.

The gang hid under the tables and chairs as the bullets crashed through the windows, killing most people within the bistro. The rest ran away in an attempt to flee and some had called the police.

"The police have no control over Faizione territory," said the white dressed woman.

"Lightness," replied the dark suited man, "The gatling gun was inefficient in killing our assassins. Should we resort to our Magia?"

"Very well, Darkness. After all, our Magia has never been beaten before."

...

"Who are those people?" asked Wraith, with a bullet in his shoulder. Persona immediately restored it back to health.

"They're still going on the offensive?" asked Minny, "Even in their territory? They really want us dead."

"Come on and spill it out already," said Exodus, "Tell us who they are!"

"Lightness and Darkness," explained Lettuce, "The pride of Faizione. Lightness has the ability to degenerate, and Darkness has the ability to regenerate."

"Degenerates?" asked Dante.

"Indeed," replied Lettuce, "They're so much of degenerates that they're willing to kill innocent people to get the job accomplished."

Suddenly, a black figure jumped through the broken bistro window. The black figure was slender, and had white claws coming out of its hands. Exodus took two shots at the figure. The black goo spluttered out, revealing white spots. Then, the black goo reformed once again, regenerating.

The gang split up, Minny, Lettuce, Exodus on one end, and Inferno, Wraith, Dante, and Persona on the other.

"This is their strategy," said Wraith, analyzing the figure, "Darkness wraps around Lightness, only revealing her white claws: the weapons. If the figure is hurt, Darkness can just regenerate. It's an impenetrable defense."

Suddenly, Lightness' speed caught up with Inferno, slicing his arm with her claws. Once they escaped, Persona looked at Inferno's injury. His arm was slowly disintegrating! Persona tried to restore it, but all it did was halt the disintegration.

"Lightness' degeneration guarantees kills after one slice," said Wraith, "Keep healing Inferno, Persona. Your restoration prevents the degeneration, but won't restore him fully unless Lightness is killed. If you don't help him, he'll no doubt die."

...

"Surely your Rotation can pierce through the regeneration, right?" asked Lettuce.

"Yes," replied Exodus, "The thing is that Lightness moves very quickly. Rotation works only because it's a single shot created with a bullets speed. If I bounce it off a plate with my Bullet Magia, it loses its Rotation and I'll have to shoot at it again. I don't know if I can calculate it that fast and hit Lightness."

"Then we'll just entrap them!" replied Minny.

Suddenly, Lightness couldn't move. Her feet was covered in ice that was slowly moving its way up her leg. Where did the ice come from?

"Good thinking Minny," said Lettuce, "Using the spilt coffee from earlier to trap them. Ready up your shot, Exodus!"

Exodus took aim, but noticed that Lightness had clawed the ice, destroying it with degeneration. Yet, they were stopped once again! An arrow had pierced the foot of Lightness, pinning them to the ground! Wraith had readied his bow, aiming to shoot the other foot.

Darkness regenerated the foot, freeing Lightness from the trap and causing Wraith to miss his second shot. They then grappled to the ceiling, ready to pounce on their next victim. Exodus was all set in shooting her bullet. Lettuce then pulled Lightness and Darkness to the center of the bistro, preventing them from moving.

"Trying to kill us all at once is pretty unwise," said Lettuce, "When you have more firepower, then try again."

BANG!

The Rotation bullet shot through the head of Darkness, preventing the regeneration from occurring. It then went through the brains of Lightness, killing them both off.

"Rotation is like a cheat sheet sometimes, huh?" asked Persona, fully healing Inferno with his Restoration Magia.

"I shouldn't use it too much or it'll attract attention," replied Exodus.

"Guys," said Minny, pointing at a bush outside the Bistro, "Its her. The Oracle."