File 34: Never Betray the Boss

Wraith and Dante looked around inside the cold metal copper statue. In the middle of the structure was a spiral staircase, possibly leading up to the head.

"I'm guessing that the Centurion is up there," said Wraith, "We need to hurry before anyone finds us."

Wraith and Dante walked up the staircase, their footsteps echoing in the darkness. Only a few lanterns emitted some form of light to guide them on where they were stepping. After a few minutes, they finally reached the top, which was a small room. The room consisted of a viewpoint from the Statue of Liberty's eyes, as well as windows from her crown. In one of the eyes was a black safe.

The black safe must've contained the Centurion. Not only that, but it emitted Anti-Magia auras, preventing Wraith from grabbing whatever was inside. The safe had a lock on it, which was possibly the only way for it to open. The golden lock didn't have a keyhole to insert, but only had the carved words:

"Blood of the Innocent."

"Oi Dante," asked Wraith, "You have any idea what this means?"

Dante shook his head before he suddenly perked up. He smelled something ominous and began to instinctively growl. He conjured five red wolves to surround themselves.

"What is it, Dante?" asked Wraith, whispering, "Is it Protector? Did he come to stop us?"

Suddenly, the five red wolves that Dante has conjured were no more. They were all on the ground, whimpering in pain. In their chests were holes the size of human fists.

"Do you finally understand my dilemma?" asked a quiet deep voice, "How I've waited so long for you all to arrive? Even of my power, I still don't have enough to crack the safe. I even wondered if one of you have the power to open it."

"Who is that?" asked Wraith in panic, pulling out his bow and arrow, "Show yourself!"

Dante conjured up more animals, but they all seemed to immediately die. Each animal had the same hole wound in their chest.

"Boss.." whispered Dante.

"It seems that Dante has figured it out," said the voice as he stepped out of the shadows of the room.

"You're.." said Wraith as he trailed off, in awe of what the Boss looked like.

The person took off the collar of their neck, "It seems that I don't need this anymore. My identity has already been revealed anyways."

She wore an orange dress with a floral pattern. Her red hair was lavish, drooping to her shoulders. She had a brown bag by her side. In her mouth was a cigarette.

"I am Adonis, the Boss of Mafia di Proiettilo."

No way.

"The Boss is a woman?" asked Wraith, "But Messenger clearly referred to the Boss as a man!"

"My most loyal subjects go to great lengths to preserve my identity," replied Adonis as she puffed a smoke ring into the air, "If you two aren't going to be loyal and break that safe open for me, then I may as well just kill you both."

Suddenly, Wraith shot an arrow at Adonis, but she was no longer there.

"Teleportation Magia?" asked Wraith in a panic, looking around the room.

Soon, Dante sniffed and turned to the direction of Adonis, who was sitting by the window.

"Far from it," replied Adonis, "Your tracking senses prove to be a nuisance, Dante. Could you be smelling the perfume I wear?"

"Fish.." replied Dante, "Cross.. legs.."

"You show no respect even if it's your Boss?" laughed Adonis in frustration, "You really are something, Dante. Bangtan was clever to recruit you! I'll personally end you myself!"

Suddenly, Dante was launched to the side of the Liberty wall, making a dent in the copper structure. His reinforced skin had saved him!

"Despite my Magia," whispered Adonis, who was near where Dante was, "It seems like I can't pierce your reinforced skin."

"Di.. mension.." whispered Dante as he slowly got up, surrounding himself with the red wolves who pledged loyalty to him, "Find.. Adonis.. Magia.."

Wraith took Dante's advice and shifted into a different dimension, where he could spectate the match safely without any harm. There, he could try to find out Adonis' Magia and find out a way to defeat her!

Suddenly, Wraith saw it. She quickly moved towards the wolves, punching holes into their bodies with extreme force and throwing Dante down the spiral staircase! She moved so quickly! Could her Magia be super speed? Wraith rushed down to where Dante was: at the beginning of the spiral staircase in the pedestal.

Dante got up once again, conjuring more demon animals. This time, he was going all out: Wolves, bears, lions, falcons, and even a pack of deinonychus, dinosaurs from a different era. He was using the full extent of his Beast Tamer Magia! Adonis followed Dante to the spiral staircase, where she was ambushed by the zoo of animals.

This time however, she was taking all of the hits! Every time an animal clawed her, she brushed it off. She then punched through each and every animal with just her bare fists, not using speed to apply more force. What kind of Magia was she using? After defeating all of the animals, her clawed skin began to regenerate. She had healing powers as well?

Dante was shocked.

"Power.. not.. finite.." whispered Dante.

"You're very correct, Dante!" laughed Adonis, "Did you catch that from your dimension shifting, Wraith? My power is limitless, giving me complete power over anyone!"

Adonis was next to Dante once again and punched him to the ground.

"However, despite of my limitless power," announced Adonis, "There's no way I'm penetrating your reinforced skin. That defensive armor serves you well!"

Dante tried to stand up, but suddenly he was being held by Adonis. Her arms were wrapped around Dante's neck.

"Dante, are you aware of how Hercules defeated the Nemean Lion?" asked Adonis in an innocent playful tone.

Dante began to panic.

"He strangled the lion to death."

Wraith appeared out of his dimension and shot an arrow at Adonis, but the arrow was stopped. Not by Adonis, but by a bird. The red bird slowly limped towards Wraith despite having an arrow shot at it. Upon closer inspection, Wraith noticed that it was a parrot. The parrot perched onto Wraith's shoulder and whispered:

"Escape.. please.."

Is this what Dante said before he got strangled?

"Infinity... Magia.."

Infinity Magia? Was that Adonis' Magia? It could've been a theory, but it's the best one so far. It explains why she had limitless power. Having infinite speed, strength, and healing made sense. But now, Wraith had to save Dante!

Wraith pulled his bow, ready to take another shot at Adonis. However, he was stopped by the parrots last words.

"Wraith, escape and tell the others of her Magia."

Wraith pulled his bow down and looked at Dante. Even in panic, he stared straight at directly at Wraith's eyes. He wanted Wraith to help the others.

"You asshole.." said Wraith, tearing up, "When I told you to find another complete sentence, I didn't mean for you to find one like that."

Wraith followed Dante's order and phased into a dimension, ready to tell the others of Adonis' Infinity Magia.

"Would you look at that?" said Adonis, "Your friend left you out of fear. I've always known that Wraith would be the one to back out."

Dante smiled, knowing what really happened. He accepted his fate as he lost more and more air to Adonis' strangling.