File 36: Never Betray Adonis

"Infinity Magia?" asked Minny as whatever was left of the gang walked up the spiral staircase of the Statue of Liberty, "Can you describe it? I haven't heard of it before."

"I haven't either," replied Wraith, "Lettuce is usually the type to know these things. However, I did see a glimpse of it's power during the fight with Dante and Adonis.

Her Infinity Magia has no limits. This means that she probably manipulates certain aspects of her body. Infinite speed? Infinite strength? There are no limits to what she could do. Makes it a terrifying Magia."

"We should be careful then," said Exodus, pulling out her revolver to aim for any enemy, "There must still be a weakness."

"You should probably put the adult toys away before anyone gets hurt," smiled Adonis as she appeared almost out of nowhere on the steps of the spiral staircase.

Exodus instinctively shot two bullets at Adonis, but the bullets were deflected. It was like her skin was made out of metal! This must've been infinite durability.

"I've overheard your conversation about my Magia. The only thing you got wrong was having a weakness. You see, as the Boss of all of Proiettilo, my Magia has no weakness."

Adonis then kicked Wraith off the spiral staircase, sending him to fall from a tall height. Wraith pulled out his bow and arrow and shot at Adonis. Adonis caught it, laughing at Wraith's pathetic attempt.

"If bullets can't pierce me, then why try arrows?" said Adonis.

Suddenly, Adonis was pulled off of the spiral staircase. The arrow had a string behind it, allowing Wraith to pull on the string and take Adonis down with him! Wraith twirled around, causing the string to pull Adonis closer and closer until Wraith hit the ground using Adonis to break his fall.

"Go on ahead!" yelled Wraith, "I'll take her on!"

"Stay safe!" yelled Inferno as they all ran up the spiral staircase.

Wraith jumped away from Adonis, thinking of his next move as she stood up.

"I didn't think you'd be so clever, Wraith," said Adonis, "You must really be begging to die. Eager to see Dante in hell, you faggot?"

Wraith stood in silence, shaking in fear.

"No words?" asked Adonis, "Are you that afraid?"

"All this time," thought Wraith, "I've usually been underestimating my Magia. Although I'm one of the strongest, I always think that I'm the weakest. Every time I try to run away from conflict, only pursuing if the mission needed it. I've even killed my teacher back when I was young out of fear that I would've been too weak.

Back during the Undercover fight..

The gang thought in silence. After a while, Wraith spoke up:

"I think we should stop," he announced, "I mean, why are we still going after this when Samuel has confirmed the Boss is just doing his best to prevent any disruption in the mafia? We'll just be killed! For nothing!"

That was what I said. I was right. Lettuce and Dante. They're both dead. However, Minny said something:

"I'm sorry," said Minny, "This may be selfish, but we're still going after the Boss. It hasn't changed that he has killed not only Persona's parents, but mine as well. I can't let that go."

I've always been running away."

"But now," announced Wraith, "I plan on taking you down. Maybe just enough to buy time! At least by doing so, I'll do my best so that Dante and Lettuce's deaths weren't in vain!"

Adonis was suddenly in front of Wraith's face, holding up her fist, "I'd like to see you try."

Just in time, Wraith phased through a different dimension to avoid Adonis' infinite punch. He then reappeared from behind her and kicked her in the back. She quickly gained composure and used her speed to try to hit Wraith again, but he shifted dimensions once more and tripped her legs. He then took an arrow from his back and tried to stab her, but her infinite durability turned on, breaking the arrow.

Wraith shifted dimensions again and stayed to analyze.

"You can only switch one aspect of your body at a single time," thought Wraith, "Meaning you can't have infinite speed or infinite durability both occurring. This'll be useful information."

Adonis stood up, and then looked at Wraith. Wraith moved around, but Adonis still had her eyes set on him.

"She can see me?" thought Wraith, "Through a different dimension?"

"Infinite perception works wonders," smiled Adonis, "Now I can see exactly where you are."

SPLRHK!

Wraith stood in shock.

"Infinite shifting," smiled Adonis, as she looked at her hand, covered in blood, "Did you know that that was an aspect I could control? Obviously, I can only shift my hand through a different dimension. This means that I can't really see where you are.

However the blood revealed on my hand shows that I've hit the jackpot! How does it feel to be the one gutted?"

Wraith fell to the ground, too weak to shift back into the original dimension.

"What a shame. You can't even receive a proper burial due to dying in a different dimension. I warned you, Wraith. My Magia has no limits.

You should've ran when you had the chance."

Suddenly, Adonis' leg burst into pieces. Wraith had managed to get enough energy to shift back into the original dimension!

"That's the last of my energy," whispered Wraith, "Although it isn't much, I hope it slows you down."

He finally closed his eyes.

"A nuisance, all of you," mumbled Adonis frustratingly as she used her infinite regeneration on her leg, "This battle was useless. I'm sure that the time that Wraith bought didn't make much impact because of that safe. The safe that not even I can open."

"It's no use," said Exodus as she reloaded her revolver, "Not even Rotation can force this black safe to open."

"The lock says Blood of the Innocent," stated Minny, "Any idea what it means?"

"Could the lock require blood?" asked Inferno.

"It would make sense," replied Minny, "Innocent blood, huh? Each of us should try pricking our fingers and placing our blood on the lock."

Minny's blood didn't work. She wasn't innocent.

Exodus' blood didn't work. She wasn't innocent.

Inferno's blood didn't work as well. He wasn't innocent.

"Persona," said Minny as the gang shifted their attention towards him, "Please try it."

Persona pricked his fingers and let out a little blood on the lock. The lock made a little noise and soon opened, unlocking the black safe. Inside was the Centurion, and a little torn note:

"To —— Ziratoni, my son. I never thought it had to resort to this, but I'm sure that you've done all you've can. Please defeat the Boss for me, and end this chaos once and for all.

Your father, the Great Persona."

Persona grabbed the Centurion and inspected it, "The weapon to kill the Boss.

Let's head downstairs."