File 29: Messenger

"Father?" Minny asked as her eyes widened.

She couldn't believe her eyes. The rabbit was her father, codenamed "Basilisk."

"Jasmin?" asked Basilisk in curiosity as he stood up from his transformation, "Is that you? How long has it been?"

"I-I thought you died!" she replied.

"I don't know what quite happened myself. Last thing I knew, I was running away from the Boss and then I had lost consciousness. Tell me. Who are these people gathered around you?"

"Bangtan Gang #32. I'm their leader and Capo."

"I see you've taken up your legacy. May I ask where Butcher and Great Persona is?"

"Unfortunately, Butcher and the Great Persona are dead," replied Minny, who then began to point at Persona, "This man here. He's the son of the Great Persona. He actually restored you to your original form."

"Thank you, young boy," smiled Basilisk, "I feel like we need to catch up on things. However, there are more important matters to attend to. I've assumed you know why I was transformed into a rabbit?"

"We actually have no clue," replied Lettuce, "Oracle from Faizione Gang #13 told us something about you going against the Boss and finding out how to defeat him."

"What she said was correct. We did find out how to defeat the Boss. If I recall—"

"Danger!" Dante interrupted, sniffing the air.

Someone was approaching. Bangtan put up their defenses, ready to attack anyone who came in their way. However, a shriveled old man appeared from the bushes. He seemed to be weary.

"Please, Bangtan," said the man, "Lower your weapons. I'm working with you."

"Who are you?" interrogated Minny, holding an ice spear, "What organization are you from? Which gang?"

"I am known as the Messenger. The only person who has communications to the Boss and the person who brings you valuable information to defeat him."

"Hold it," said Lettuce, "Why are you going against the Boss, especially being the most trusted individual in the entire organization of Proietillo?"

"You may be wondering what my relation is to the Boss," said the Messenger, "I am his father. My poor boy.. he's been engulfed too much in mafia affairs. I wish to help him in his cause, so that he can see a new light to stop killing. You know very well what he did, right Basilisk?"

Basilisk's head sank in disappointment, "Yes. The Boss has done very terrible things to make sure no one would find out how to defeat him. He has eliminated the following:

Zamzamara
Samuel
My dear Alicia
And the Great Persona, and his wife."

The whole gang was shocked. Minny couldn't believe it. The Boss had killed off her mother. Persona on the other hand, was more in denial. Not only was his father murdered, but his mother as well!

Persona instinctively grabbed the collar of Basilisk, "Is this why I couldn't call my mom since I arrived in Venice? You're telling me she's dead!?"

Inferno pulled Persona off of Basilisk as Basilisk straightened his shirt.

"I'm very sorry to hear that both of your parents have died," announced Basilisk, "However, we need to find a way to stop the Boss from killing anymore people!"

"Zamzamara," noted Lettuce, "That was the name of the Draiocht Gang Capo before Samuel. If I can make a connection, I'm sure that the Boss has ordered Butcher to kill off Zamzamara and frame the murder on Persona.

If a Capo was involved in the betrayal of the Boss, then I'm sure this is an important matter. Minny, you may have to rethink your loyalty to the Boss."

BANG!

The whole area was in a state of shock. Basilisk fell to the ground, clutching his body as the blood stained through his coat. Instinctively, the gang turned to Persona, about to ask if he could restore the injuries. However, in Persona's place was a pig wearing a fedora. Behind the pig was the Messenger, smiling.

"Uh uh uh!" chuckled the Messenger, "You don't want to kill me, especially when I have the ability to restore your friend back to his normal form!"

"Minny," coughed up Basilisk, slowly dying, "I don't have much time, but you must investigate the mansion. It'll tell you everything! It's the only place that the Boss can't get into."

Exodus shot the arm of Messenger precisely, as well as his leg, causing him to fall down. The crew, except Minny who was near Basilisk, rushed over to gang up on Messenger as Basilisk died. Lettuce forced Messenger to move his hand and restore Persona back to his original self.

"Hurry Persona!" yelled Lettuce, "Restore Basilisk's wounds!"

Persona rushed over to Basilisk, restoring the bullet wound that was shot into his body. He was shot in the heart, but Persona restored the cellular tissues.

"Wake up!" yelled Minny as she began to cry, "Don't leave me again!"

However, Basilisk did not open his eyes. Although Persona has restored his injuries, Persona couldn't restore his soul, which had already left the body. Basilisk was dead.

Exodus and Wraith tied up Messenger to the pole. Silently, Minny stood up and flared at Messenger.

"You won't be leaving until you spit out anything you know of the Boss," she whispered.

"Per il Capo," smiled Messenger.

Immediately, Minny pulled out her nail ripper.

"The infamous machine that Minny uses to rip off the nails of her victims," smiled Messenger, "I'm ready for any means of torture."

Instead of placing the machine under the nails of the Messenger, she placed it behind the roof of his teeth. She slammed the machine, ripping off a single tooth from the cavity of Messenger. He screamed in agony.

THCRK!

"Talk," whispered Minny.

"P-per il Capo," replied Messenger shakily.

She used the machine again, but it didn't fully rip off the tooth. It was hanging. She grabbed the tooth with her fingers and pulled on it playfully. Messenger writhed in pain.

"Talk," whispered Minny again.

"Per il Capo!" replied Messenger in tears.

She ripped off the tooth with her bare hands and readied up the machine.

THCRK!

"I can do this all day."

"Per il Capo."

THRCK!

"Talk."

"P-per il.. Capo.."

TCHRK!

"Talk."

"Per.. il.."

THCRK!

"Per.."

THCRK!

"P-pe.."

THCRK!

...

THCRK!

...

THCRK!

THCRK!

THCRK!

THCRK!

...

...

...