15

Jungkook had been a simple man. He had had simple dreams and ambitions. Get married, have a child, lead the clan; it had been pretty simple and clear. Life had been black and white, Jungkook had had no doubts about anything. But it all changed when a little ball of sunshine entered his life out of nowhere.

Now, Jungkook knew that there were also shades of gray in life. Nothing could be absolutely right and nothing could be absolutely wrong. With Taehyung, he learned that he needed to change, bend, and sometimes even get broken to protect what you hold dear. At twenty-five, he realized that he was growing up. He was becoming a real man.

But now, when Jungkook gazed at Taehyung's little form that was covered by sheets, he didn't know what to do.

"Taehyung," Calling out softly, Jungkook sat down beside his wife. "Love, let me see your face."

Jungkook heard a heartbreaking sniffle and then the sheets moved, revealing Taehyung's face.

Jungkook bit his lips as bloodshot eyes looked up to him, as if pleading for understanding.

Leaning down, Jungkook kissed his wife's eyelids lingeringly.

"I'll bring your lunch," Jungkook whispered, afraid of disturbing Taehyung.

Taehyung shook his head quickly. "I don't want to eat."

"Taehyung," Jungkook whispered. Leaning over, he let Taehyung wrap his arms around his shoulders tightly. "I'm worried for your health. You are not eating, you are not sleeping... I'm afraid that you are going to get ill."

Taehyung sighed shakily. "D-Don't worry, I can't get sick"

Jungkook shook his head. "No, baby... I can't help you and it's killing me."

Taehyung wiped away a stray tear quickly. "You helped me. W-Without you, the kids w-would die."

"No," Jungkook held his wife tighter as he took him into a sitting position.

"Look, Taehyung, you can't keep on like this. These what ifs won't take you anywhere. Whatever happened is in the past, we can't change anything about it anymore. I know it's hard on you, but please try to forget."

Taehyung nodded against his husband's shoulder. He was plaid in his arms like a doll.

Jungkook held him tighter as he kissed his hair. "I'll go to drop the secret document and have you resigned from your duties."

"No!" Taehyung shook his head quickly. "I can't abandon the kids."

Jungkook sighed deeply. "Fine."

Taehyung drew back and cupped Jungkook's cheeks and gave him a small smile. "Thank you," Lifting his head, he kissed Jungkook's lips softly. "I love you so much."

Jungkook's eyes widened slightly. He had never heard Taehyung saying those words so profoundly. "I love you, too. Don't ever doubt it, okay?"

Taehyung nodded quickly and didn't lose anytime to kiss back as Jungkook pressed his lips against his. There was no hesitation. There was no second thoughts. Just two hearts ready to love unconditionally.

Jungkook had to close his eyes and took his breathing under control after their kiss. When he opened his eyes, he saw Taehyung watching him with soft eyes. At that moment, Jungkook felt like an invisible yet hard wall broke down between them.

He hugged his wife to his chest tightly. "I'll bring you some Jjajjangmyeon."

"Don't bother," Taehyung protested weakly.

Jungkook shook his head as he helped Taehyung to lie down once again and covered his body with the soft duvet. "Try to get some sleep. I won't be long."