23

Taehyung watched with sad eyes as Jungkook got ready.

He put on his black clothes first then put his sword on his back. Jungkook didn't like carrying tools around so he wrapped his dagger around his forearm tightly before wearing his long, black gloves. His only visible part was the face Taehyung loved looking at.

Taehyung had never imagined his life turning out this way. When he learned he was pregnant, he had thought he was going to spend his months in peace. He was going to care for his baby and watch him as he grew inside of him. He was going to witness Jungkook's happiness and pride and be happy for him.

But nothing happened the way he wished. Jungkook was always on edge, waiting for something to happen. Taehyung was waiting for his death. His only wish nowadays was for his son to be born before his execution, but knowing that his baby was unhealthy and he couldn't cling to Taehyung, even that simple wish seemed too much.

Taehyung was startled when a knock came to their door and Jin along with Namjoon walked in.

"Good morning," Namjoon smiled.

"Morning, Hyung-nim," Taehyung answered softly. He didn't have an ounce of energy or want in him to bring a smile to his face.

"How are you?" Jin asked and put a bowl full of strawberry beside Taehyung bed.Taehyung only shrugged and returned watching Jungkook.

"Alright," Jungkook faced his wife when he was ready and kneeled down before him.

Taehyung cupped Jungkook's cheeks and caressed them gently.

"You'll be careful, right?" Jungkook asked, hands over Taehyung's bump.

Taehyung nodded and moved to stand up.

"I'll see you off."

"No need," Jungkook stood up immediately.

"I will," Taehyung shook his head stubbornly and seeing that there was no way to convince him, Jungkook helped Taehyung to stand up.

There was another knock on the door and Jin opened the door to let the newcomer in.

Taehyung gasped loudly.

"Taeyong-ssi?"

The man walked inside with a smile and a big tray which had a large breakfast on it.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked, surprise written on his fair face.

"Jeon-ssi invited me to cook for you," Taeyong replied.

"I'll be preparing your food from now on."

Taehyung looked up to his husband and received a conforming nod.

Turning to the man, Taehyung gave a joyless smile.

"Thank you so much. I will have my breakfast after I see my husband off."

Taeyong nodded and made way for the Jeon royals to walk out of the room.

Namjoon and Jin waited by the door as Taehyung walked to the main gates by Jungkook's side.

"Don't come anymore," Jungkook stopped his wife by the gates.

"Go back and eat your breakfast and then straight to bed, okay?"

Taehyung nodded as he bit his lips. He eyes were cloudy. "I don't want you to go."

"I know, love," Jungkook took his lover in his arms tightly.
Taehyung buried his face in Jungkook's neck and held onto his shoulders tightly.

"I wish none of this happened."

"Me too," Jungkook whispered, lips wandering in the sunshine hair.