21

Happy Reading

.

.

.
"I'll prepare my husband's breakfast!" Hyemi announced as she entered the kitchen.

The servants made way to her immediately. They were used to her antics after so many years. But nowadays, she seemed to be getting bolder. Especially in Taehyung's absence, she had made her presence known more than ever.

Hyemi picked the perfect Apple for Jungkook and arranged plates for him carefully. After filling him a cup of tea, she took the tray she prepared and walked to Jungkook's room quickly. Now that Taehyung was gone, they could start sharing a room again, she thought with a smile.

Taking a deep breath, Hyemi stopped before the door.

Balancing the tray on a hand, she loosened her obi, revealing her chest. She pushed back her hair and mused it before entering inside quickly.

Jungkook was sitting at the edge of the bed. He had leant his head against a hand and he was watching outside without showing a sign that he had realized Hyemi's presence.

"Jungkook-ssi?" Hyemi called out as she put the tray down on the night stand.

She kneeled in front of him and gasped with the sight that greeted her.

His eyes were bloodshot and there were dark bags under them. His hair was a mess and he was clutching a piece of paper in his hand tightly.

"Didn't you sleep?" Hyemi asked worriedly.

Jungkook sighed deeply before looking at her. "I'm sorry."

"Huh?" She blinked in confusion. "What for?"

"For everything," Jungkook said. "I'm sorry for treating you the way I did for years. Forgive me, okay?"

"There is nothing to be forgiven for!" Hyemi cried.

Jungkook shook his head. "I'm releasing you of your duties to the clan."

"W-What?" Hyemi gulped in fear.

"You won't have to be a servant to me anymore," Jungkook said as he stood up.

"You are a free woman. I'm giving you the chance to walk out of this shitty clan. Go and build your life again. Find someone else, you have a lot right. Don't be thankful for love crumbles."

"B-But…" Tears filled Hyemi's eyes. "Taehyung cheated you and left you! I've always been loyal to you!"

Jungkook gritted his teeth. "Don't try my patience Hyemi, I don’t want to reveal your ugly side. Leave me alone now."

"You don't know what you are saying," Hyemi said as she stood up.

"I know you feel like you've been betrayed, but it's okay. Hyemi has always loved you. You can lean onto me."

"Leave me the fuck alone!" Jungkook shouted at the top of his lungs.

Startled, Hyemi left the room with running steps.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Jungkook walked to the bathroom. After a quick shower, he left quickly.

He was going to find Taehyung. Even if he had to search the whole world, he was going to find him.

"Jungkook-"

Jungkook stopped walking and turned around in the corridor, only to see his brothers approaching him fastly.

"What do you want?" Jungkook snapped. He didn't want anything to do with anyone in this estate.

Namjoon sighed as Jin winced.