26

Today was going to be hard. He knew it. It was going to hurt, he was aware of it. But he just needed to remember that Jungkook was doing this for his sake and no one else.

"Are you ready?" Jungkook asked as he left the bathroom.

"Yes," Taehyung nodded softly.

"Taehyung," Jungkook sighed as he kneeled in front of his wife who was sitting at the edge of their bed.

"If it's going to hurt you this much, I'll think of another way."

"No," Taehyung shook his head quickly.

"I know that we need to do this and you love me."

"That's right," Jungkook breathed before kissing Taehyung's forehead.

"Don't ever forget it, okay?"

Taehyung gave a small smile as he put a hand against his bump.

"How could I when I carry the evidence of your love right here?"

Jungkook smiled softly and kissed Taehyung's bump gently.

"As he grows up, I love you more and more. There are boundaries for what I feel for you."

Taehyung blushed crimson. "You still manage to embarrass me!"

Jungkook chuckled as he stood up and pulled Taehyung up with him.

"That means I couldn't corrupt you just yet."

Taehyung laughed softly and then cleared his throat as they stood before the door. He looked at Jungkook and gave him a nod.
Nodding back, Jungkook left the room first.

He started walking ahead of Taehyung who was walking a few steps back with his head down.

It was a strange sight for the servants to see.

Normally, Jungkook would walk beside Taehyung and help him to move around. Nevertheless, they bowed down out of duty as soon as they saw the couple.

"Where is the Lady and the Lord?" Jungkook asked harshly.

The servants' eyes widened. It was almost like the Jungkook of the past. Like how he was before marrying to Taehyung. What was wrong?

"They are having breakfast, my Lord," One of the maids answered.

Giving a nod, Jungkook walked to the dining room, Taehyung following after him timidly.

"Good morning," Jungkook announced their arrival loudly as they entered the room.

Everybody seemed shocked to see them there. Jungkook had been refusing to eat with his family for the last month and especially after last night, it was really strange to see him present.

"What are you doing here?" Junghyun asked with a glare.

"I wanted to…" Jungkook cleared his throat. This was going to be harder than he thought.

"I wanted to apologize for my behavior till now."

Silence descended over the room.

"Jungkook,"

Namjoon was the first to recover from his shock. "Do you realize what you are saying?"

"Yes, Hyungnim," Jungkook gave a firm nod.

"Until now, I've been acting like a kid. But I'm an Jeon, a future Lord. I deserve no less than perfection."

Yura gasped happily.

"My son, I knew that you would find the right path!"

Jungkook bowed down.

"Thank you so much for never giving up on me. Your persistence showed me the light once again. And please forgive me for my rude behaviour before,Mother "