18

"Did I miss it here?" Jungkook questioned as they stood before the gates of Jeon compound.

Taehyung laughed softly. "Of course you did! You just need to readjust."

"Culture shock?" Jungkook questioned as they walked inside.

"Pfft," Taehyung giggled. "Stop sulking like a kid!"

"I'm not sulking," Jungkook frowned.

"You sure don't," Taehyung smiled.

"Welcome!"

They stopped in front of the house as they saw Yura waiting for them.

"Thank you, mother," Taehyung smiled as he bowed down.

Yura smiled at the sight of the two. "You stayed long."

"Yes," Jungkook nodded. "It was really good."

"Did you gain weight?" Yura asked as she studied Jungkook's body.
Jungkook looked down to his stomach and patted it, Taehyung also watching him.

"I liked the food there," Jungkook shrugged.

Taehyung smiled. "It's okay mother, he's still healthy. I'm sure he'll lose the excess when he returns to his duties."

"Where is everyone?" Jungkook asked he looked around.

"The Lord has left for a meeting with the other clans," Yura explained. "Jin and Namjoon have missions."

Jungkook nodded. "Let's get inside and settle in."
Nodding, Taehyung helped Jungkook to take their luggages in their room.

Thankfully, it was cleaned in their absence but it was still stuffy in the big room. After dropping the luggage, Taehyung walked to their sliding doors and opened them, letting fresh air in. He walked to their private garden with a smile and kneeled down before the small pond.

"No!" He cried suddenly.
"Jungkook!"

Jungkook dropped whatever he was doing and run to his wife's side. "What?!"

"Not you," Taehyung pointed the pond. "Him!"

Jungkook looked at the still water with a frown and saw that one of the koi fishes had died. The once bright orange skin was now covered with green moss.

Sighing, he kneeled down beside his wife. "I'm going to get you a new one, okay?"

Taehyung nodded sadly. It wouldn't be the same but still, Jungkook tried and Taehyung appreciated that.

"We should get it out," Jungkook said, standing up. "It will poison the others."

Taehyung nodded and stood up to help his husband. Suddenly, a wave of nausea hit him, causing his eyes to widen. Closing a palm over his mouth, he run to the bathroom.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook run after his wife only to find him bent over the toilet.

"D-Don't look!" Taehyung managed to cry between the heaves.

"Don't be stupid," Jungkook muttered and helped Taehyung to his feet, holding him as he washed his face. He took Taehyung to the bed and lied him down, covering his slightly shivering form.

Jungkook watched his wife with a deep frown. Last week all through their journey, Taehyung had gotten sick regularly. He had dismissed it, saying that the road was making him sick. But this?

"I'm fine," Taehyung whispered, seeing the troubled look Jungkook had. "Just tired."

"I'm going to bring you a medic," Jungkook said, standing up.