1.1. Princess Echo

In the Fairytale world. In Echo's Palace. 

I walked over to my mother.

Mother was talking to one of the servants "Let's be certain she's seated as far away from the Duke as possible for the Duchess's sake. "

The servants nodded "Yes, ma'am"

Then they bowed to her before they left. 

Mom turned to me and smiled "Echo"

I smiled, nervously "Do you like it?"

She eyed my dress in awe "oh, my dear Echo, you are an absolute vision. You are gonna be the talk of the ball and not just because it's for your birthday"

I hugged her.

Mom "Come. i can hardly believe you're growing up so fast. Which reminds me. I have a gift for you. It as my mother's once, and her mother's before that.And soon it will be yours"

I smiled. 

--

Mom and i walked into her chambers and i saw Johanna putting on a tiara. 

I raised an eyebrow confused. Snow was out with father.

Johanna turned to us, shocked and took the tiara off her head "Your majesty ! Please forgive me. I just wanted to see the-"

Me "How dare you? This is my crown. Servants don't wear crowns"

Mother "Enough, Echo"

Johanna "i'm sorry, your majesty-"

Mom shook her head "no. I was talking to Echo"

I looked at mom confused "Me?"

Mom "i thought i raised you better than that, Echo.It doesn't matter whether one is a servant or royalty. Everyone in the kingdom deserves our love and respect"

Me "But she took my tiara"

Mom "and she apologized. And it isn't yours yet."

Johanna "Your Majesty, it's all right"

Mom "You are kind, Johanna, but Snow must learn. My dear, we are all the same"

Me "but i thought we were royals"

Mom nodded "We are. But that doesn't make us better than anyone else. The upcoming ball for instance. Can you tell me what it's for?"

Me "it's to honor me. On my birthday. "

Mom shook her head "no. It's for you to honor them. By showing them you will be a kind and benevolent leader when the time comes."

She held her hand out to Johanna "please"

Johanna handed her the crown. 

Mom "when you're crowned with this on your birthday it will be a symbol that you will always hold goodness in your heart and rule justly. Now do you understand?"

I nodded "i do, mother, but..."

Mom asked worried "but what?"

Me "Snow's the first born. She's going to become a leader one day and not me. She's going to be Queen while i'll always be just a princess"

She sighed "A crown doesn't make you a Queen or a Princess, my dear"

I sighed. 

Then i grabbed the crown and walked over to the mirror.