1.9 Mary's Fingerprints On Kathryn's Heart

Next day. Morning. At Granny's.

 At Granny's

I walked into the dinner and saw Ruby flirting with August who was sitting there

Ruby smiled " You can't be serious. A whole year without a roof over your head? "

August " Well, you get used to it. Plus, I had the motorcycle. So, if I didn't like a place after a while... "

Granny yelled "Ruby? "

Ruby" I've never even been out of Storybrooke. What was your favourite place?"

August"Nepal. Best people. They have these prayer temples carved into mountains that are overrun with lemurs. "

Ruby asked confused " What's a lemur?"

Granny yelled " Ruby! "

Ruby yelled " Just give me a sec! "

August" They're little animals. And they have these eyes that reflect light. So, at night, it looks like they glow. "

Granny yelled "Ruby! Stop flirting and get over here!"

Ruby froze and walked over to Granny.

I walked over to August and sat down across from him on the chair.

He looked at me, smiling "Echo, nice to see you"

I rolled my eyes "The book, that was you, wasn't it?"

August "what book?"

I raised an eyebrow "you think you are smart, August, but i'm smarter"

suddenly i heard Ruby yell "Nothing! I quit! "

Then she stormed out.

I looked after her before following her. 

Outside

I walked out of the dinner and saw Ruby there at the bus stop with her luggage talking to Dr.Whale.

I walked over there "Ruby. Dr. Whale"

He looked at me "Echo. Hello there. "

Dr. Whale " I was just having a talk with Ruby here. But, I should, um... "