Dreamcatcher

A few weeks earlier. In Camelot. In front of Merlin's tree. 

I looked through a dreamcatcher into the past. 

I saw a Dark One turning Merlin into a tree after Merlin tried to kill him with the dagger. And all that just because the Dark One killed the one Merlin loved. 

Then i looked at the tree.

In the woods. 

I teleported to the spot were Snow, Charming and Regina were. Then i froze Snow and Charming but not Regina. 

Regina looked at them confused before looking at me "what are you doing?when did you get so liberal with dark magic?"

Me "no choice. Arthur has them under some kind of spell. He wants them to bring him the dagger. he wants to reunite it with Excalibur. "

Regina "untie it?"

Me "it was once one blade. It was broken in half a long, long time ago. "

Regina "what happened when they're together?"

Me "He wants to kill Merlin with it. I don't have to tell you how bad that would be for all of us"

Regina "how do you think this? How do i know this isn't the darkness in you rearing its head?"

I shot her a annoyed "Regina, come on. You know me probably better than anyone else. trust me, you'd know when it's the darkness talking and when it's me talking. "

she nodded. 

me "We don't have a lot of tie. Arthur's expecting them soon"

Regina "He's the king. so you want to take on all of Camelot?"

Me "aren't you the woman who killed my father? the king?"

Regina nodded "True, but it was after we married-after i became Queen"

Me "i want to free Merlin first. Then i can help my sister and her husband and then stop Arthur. "

Regina nodded "That's a great plan, but we have no idea how to get him out of the tree. "

me "you already said it. Dark magic"

Regina "no. you can't keep using it"

Me "It's a risk i'm willing to take"

Regina "Careful, Echo. I've been on that slippery slope and so have you. And look where that got us. or have you forgotten what happened the last time you got out of hand"

I shook my head "no"

Regina "Echo, you fled out of the country- away from your home. "

I said more sternly "i did not forget, Regina. "

Regina "I'm worried about, Echo, the last time you fell for dark magic, it was close on consuming you forever"

Me "you think i'm not strong enough? i didn't learn and got stronger from the last time"

Regina "It's the opposite i'm thinking about. That it's a sensible subject for you."

Me "why don't you just say it, Regina? hm? say what everybody's thinking about me"

Regina "i don't think you're strong enough to fight the darkness"

I nodded "that's what i call sisterly-spirit"

Back in Storybrooke. In my dungeon.