1.18 "I Can't Trust You Again"

We were halfway up when Hook got the idea to talk to me.

Hook"First beanstalk? "

I rolled my eyes. 

Hook "Well, you never forget your first. You know, most men would take your silence as off-putting, but I love a challenge. "

Me "I'm concentrating. "

Hook "No, you're afraid. Afraid to talk – to reveal yourself. Trust me – things'll be a lot smoother if you do. "

I stopped climbing and raised an eyebrow at him "Do you really think that i will trust you again like i did before?  just that you can sell me out again? but of course this time not to him but to Cora"

Hook eyed me.

I asked pissed off "what?"

Hook " Love has been all too rare in your life, hasn't it? You ever even been in love?"

That caught me off guard but then i shook my head "No. I have never been in love."

--

We reached the top of the beanstalk and got off of it. There was a giant, destitute looking castle.

I looked around " What happened here?"

Hook" It's where the final battle was. Give me your hand. "

I asked confused" What? "

Hook "Your hand – it's cut. Let me help you."

I looked at it and there was indeed a cut in my palm.

I shook my head " No, no. It's fine. "

Hook "No, it's not. "

I raised an eyebrow "So, now you're going to be a gentleman?"

Hook " Giants can smell blood. And I'm always a gentleman. "

Then he uncorks a bottle and poured its contents over my bloody hand.

I grimaced in pain "rum?"

He nodded "A bloody waste of it."

Then he tied a piece of fabric around my injury. He didn't break eye contact even once. What is he getting at?

Hook " Now here's the plan – we wait for the giant to fall asleep. And when he does, we'll sneak past him into his cave. It's where the treasures are – where the compass lies."

Me "And then we run like hell?"

He nodded "Exactly "

Me "thing is, I don't have time to wait for a giant to fall asleep. The powder Mulan gave us – we need to use it. We got to knock him out. "

Hook" Well, that's riskier."

Me " Than waiting for a giant to fall asleep when we need him to? "

Hook nodded " Point taken. Oo, you're a tough lass. You'd make a hell of a pirate. "

I nodded "i could've been if it weren't for your betrayal"

He froze. then i saw the heart shaped tattoo on his forearm.

Me "I've never seen that tattoo on you before. Who's Milah ? "

Hook tensed " Someone from long ago. "

Me" Where is she?"

Hook sighed " She's gone. "

Me "Rumpelstiltskin. He took more than your hand from you, didn't he? That's why you want to kill him."