Chapter Seventeen

Yufa

"N-Nathan..."

"Hello, Yufa. Did you enjoy your lunch?" He asked while his eyes was void of emotions.

"Oh.. I-I ...." I'm at loss for words. What will I tell him? I did enjoyed the lunch, only the last part didn't. As much as I wanted to deny that part, it was part of my wonderful day.

I looked up to him and saw his eyes was trained somewhere else, better yet to 'someone else'. His jaw twitched violently and his eyes brewed hurricanes within.

Nathan care less about me, I know. But still I belonged to him no matter what the predicament is. Whatever circumstances I am under right now, even if its just a friendly lunch, it doesn't matter anymore. Still he caught me having lunch with another man, that alone would be counted as a form of cheating. I haven't informed him about this, it's only natural that he'll get angry. Dread took it's part better than the happiness a while ago. My heart beats loudly inside it's cage that I swear it would burst with nervousness.

Should I be happy that Nathan is feeling protective over me now? No. Because I am at fault and there will be no way out of this.

Why must be the odds is all against me? Just as this day started smoothly, it had to end this way. Why, of all the circumstances, does Nathan had to see me with another man? Why not when I am with Arriane or Martha? It didn't end well with Rucio and I, but at least I marked a line where he belonged and beyond that is no place for him. As for Nathan, there will be no lines to draw because, unfortunately, I am his damned wife. For now, I know this won't end well for both of us. But then again, did things end up with us smoothly? It's still a NO.

"I see. It's good then that you enjoyed this little lunch of yours." He said. His voice chilled me that I could feel the tiny hairs on my arms rose all at once.

He came closer and slowly wrapped his left arms around me. It rested on my ass and I yelped at the contact. Before I could even process the move, he grabbed by ass and squeezed it tightly.

Nathan

It's so strange to find Yufa out of our house. I think she finally set her foot out of the confines of that godforsaken house and enjoy herself a little bit. That was my first thoughts, but when I saw that man back there, sitting idly while his eyes stick glued towards her, all my positive thoughts vanished. There is something wrong with him altough he looked decent enough.

He took Yufa out for a lunch. No. He took her out to flirt with her. I should be happy with that. I don't care about her and I am cheating behind her back. The company of another man should help me get rid of her. For good. But again, no. Instead of smiling to myself, I'm pissed. I'm so damned pissed that I wanted to hit that man, beat him into pulp.

He smirked. A hell-forged smirk that I so much wanted to wipe off his face. This man is going to see the place where he belongs. I came closer to her, closer enough that I could feel her hot breath against the fabric of my shirt. Slowly, I snaked my arm around Yufa's waist until it rested on her ass. She jolted at my touch. Better.

"I see. It's good then that you enjoyed this little lunch of yours." I didn't break the eye contact with him. I'm gonna show him what is mine. I grabbed her ass and squeezed it tightly. Her soft skin felt so good to touch. The smirk in Rucio's face fell and was replaced by an angry frown on his brows. His eyes was filled with the emotion I wanted him to feel. He balled his fist until they became ghostly white.

Good.

Now he knows where's his rightful spot in this picture. I marked my territory clearly as the day.

"Have a good day, Yufa." I whispered into her ears as soon as I released her ass. It's my turn to smirk now, feeling satisfied at how the other man lost his cool.

I won.

My clients waited long enough for me, I should be heading towards them now. This would be a long day for me and I'm afraid I lied to Yufa earlier. I won't be coming home this evening. I grabbed my phone and dialed the number that will comfort me tonight. After several rings, Miranda picked up her phone.

"Hello, big man." She purred on the other line.

"You better be free tonight." I replied, heading towarda the narrow door that leads me downstairs. "I could use some company."

She giggled flirtatiously. If only I had another option, I won't be crawling back into her bed like this.

****

A/n

A double POV in one chapter.

Help me point out my mistakes as I don't really like rereading my work.

Vote.Comment.Enjoy

---Maiah😘