Chapter Thirty Two

Yufa

Tears threatened to spill out of the corners of my eyes. They stung. They hurt. All because of one stupid decision I made. Why did I even followed him there? What makes me think any better? He was just the same man, heartless and selfish. To think that he tricked me with flowers and chocolates was beyond absurd. Why?

I found myself walking at a no specific direction. I may have passed by my little shop, I didn't know. All I cared was getting away from him as fast as possible. Though in my heart, that's not what I really want. I wanted to hear him out- God's above. I wanted to hear what he has to say but everything he'd done was coming back to me. The images of his anger-filled silver eyes, his cheating, the death of my child was too much to bare. Part of me which wanted to look onto another way was fighting its way to be heard but the greater part wants to shut it down all at once.

Finally, my knees gave out. I found the nearest chair I could find to rest myself. Upon hitting the cold steel, I sank myself completely and buried my face into my palms, letting myself cry quietly. Stupid girl like me should just keep their hearts caged and eyes blindfolded to avoid bumping into a walking disaster. I didn't know what made me love Nathan so much when he was nothing but cruel to me. He never showed me an ounce of kindness contrary to what I had showed him. Even now, I gave him more than what  he actually deserved. Stupidity really is my specialty.

Later, I found myself submerged into my cozy bath. The green-tiled walls sparked brightly as the light hit their surfaces. Even this place was small compared to what I had in China and of course, Spain, it was all I ever wanted to have. The green reminds me of jade which my father loved to decorate his personal space. I miss home. I miss everyone I know and me being alone doesn't help. At most, Rucio kept me company when I felt lost and down. He was always there when I needed him the most. But now, he's not. Nathan chose this time to appear when the man who kept me standing was nowhere to be seen.

My phone buzzed snatching me away from my sentiments. I reached for my phone and saw Rucio's number on the screen. Quickly, I swiped the screen to hear Rucio on the second line.

"Hello, beautiful." His velvety voice came. A smile crept on my face.

"Hello, Rucio."

"What? Aren't you going to ask something? Like when I'm coming back?" He sound hurt but I know he was smiling mischievously behind the line. The image of his flirtatious face then came to view.

"Nope. You won't be calling me like this when you're coming back soon." I laughed. He won't be here anytime soon.

"Ouch! You hurt me, I thought you would say you miss me." We both laughed. Then silence fell.

"Rucio, spill it." I know he had something to tell. He is not the kind of man who wanted long chats over the phone. He prefered to flirt on personal. I know because he rarely use his phone. When he wanted to talk to someone, he wouldn't bother traveling miles just to get that person and settle things together.  I heard him clear his throat.

"Okay, beautiful. You got me." He paused. I patiently waited for his next words. "I won't be coming home anytime soon. I'm flying to Spain any minute now and I'm afraid, you'll miss me for another 3 days."

Silence stretched painfully as I fumbled for words. Honestly, I was hoping he will be here tonight or by tomorrow. I was expecting to see him tomorrow at the shop wearing his mischievous smile but unfortunately, I'll endure three more days of being alone to my thoughts.

"Yufa?" His voice sound worried. "Is something wrong?"

Everything is wrong. Everything seemed crumbling underneath my toes. I'm not doing fine. I wanted to tell him all of that but that meant being selfish. Everyone assumes there is something going between us. But our relationship is entirely decent. Rucio is more like my closest confidant rather than someone I felt romantic to. Though at some point, I wish I would feel something more than friendship towards him. I know he had special feelings for me and I felt bad for not being able to return them. Perhaps I was too broken to establish another romantic relationshio towards another man or simply I'm too afraid to open up again and suffer the same fate as before. Rucio is far better than Nathan. I feel it my bones that he will take care of me and love to the best that he can. But each time I think of giving him a chance, the thought of my child came rushing down on me. My mind then starts screaming how cruel I am to feel so happy when my child didn't have the chance on life. For how many times he confessed, I turned him down and told him I wasn't ready. I expected him to give up yet he stayed. Despite being rejected, I never saw him changed or felt bitterness. He continued being who he was and even giving his extra. I'm so grateful to have a man like him. I'm halfway imto giving him that chance and yet here comes Nathan, peeling open my wounds that was just starting to close up.

"No. I'm fine." I lied. "Just hurry up and get that business done. The shop is lonely without you. And if Im alone to add, that old woman Jane of yours is looking for you ."

Rucio groaned at the mention of Jane, a crazed old woman who loves to flirt with him. He never liked her particularly but she just happened to be a filthy rich woman and on top of that, one of his top investor so he had no choice but to flirt back.

"Okay! I'll see you soon. Tell Jane she should not wait for me any longer."

"Why?" My brows wrinkled. He usually sends sweet messages to her when he's away. But now, he wasn't doing his flirting agenda to keep the woman happy. There was silence.

"You'll see when I get back. I have a surprise for you."

*********************

A/n

It's been far too long since the last update. Sorry for this short one. I'm having the hardest time of my life. Just when I thought I can pull everyting off and smooth, thats when I discovered its damn hard.

Vote and Comment!

---Maiah❤