Chapter Thirty One

Yufa

The anonymous sender kept sending stuffs in my little shop for three days now. After the roses, he sent stuffed toys the next day, varying from a human-sized stuffed toy to the tiniest cushioned toy you can ever find in stores. They have different colors as well as shapes that filled the entire shop just like the day before. I'm sure this sender put too much effort on buying and selecting the cutest stuffed toys he could find. I don't know how he managed to do this but I'm sure, he had an accomplice. I believe no can pull this stuff off alone. Next he sent chocolates, again with different brands and sizes. Is he planning on giving me diabetes now? How we disposed them is out of the question now. Each of my employees took as much as they can, while the rest was being distributed outside. They were given to whoever passes by and whoever wants to take the items. Honestly,  disposing it gave us more time than attending to our shop.

This gesture is sweet. I admit, I'm flattered that someone took an effort to not just please me, but my employees too. And there is one person I had in mind that I know would spend fortune and go through much effort just to please me. Rucio.

I couldn't help but smile at that thought. Just two years ago, I felt uneasy around him and now he was one of my most trusted person. I couldn't put to words everything that happened within that year. But one thing is for sure, Rucio is nothing but kind to me. He helped me stand on my own feet without even asking anything in return. Rucio is a sweet, passionate man. When it comes to business, he is serious and wanted things to be in order. Everything must be organized and properly done. He had this charisma that made others being drawn to him. And when it comes to ladies, he is charming and a perfect gentleman. His looks added more to it.

I'm on my way to my little shop, riding a taxi. As I neared the place, I saw commotion just outside the shop. When the taxi came to a full stop, my eyes witnessed what caused the people to gather around my establishment.

Lavender. There was lavender everywhere. Not a single spot was left vacant as these flowers took over the entire place. Just like the other day, and the day after that. I've always dreamt on walking along the fields of lavender which I didn't have the slightest chance until now. This person must have known that this was my favorite flower since he didn't just gave me a single stem but it's like he picked an entire field and delivered it to me. All of this seemed untrue, but when I touched the tiny petals, sweet grasses, they are true.

My mind had a hard time processing this whole façade. The roses, the stuffed toys and chocolates. They all end up to one person until these lavenders came along. Something clicked inside my mind, Rucio didn't know my favorite flowers. I'm positive that I haven't discussed with him anything about my favorite flowers which leaves me one person to know about it. Martha. Only Martha knew about my favorite flowers as she kept asking why I like violet so much.

Puzzle pieces slowly fell into their rightful places. If Martha knew then I'm sure there is only one person capable of doing this. The bell chimed at the opening of the door and revealed the very person I'm thinking about.

"H-hi!" His tailored suit were back and he had his new haircut that suit him very well. His stubble was gone and was properly shaved. He was nothing like the rugged man that stumbled upon my shop days ago. Nathan stood there holding a bouquet of lavender and roses.

I heard Merise and the others giggled like teenagers behind the counter as well as the people staring from the outside. Suddenly I became aware about my own thundering heartbeats while cautiously darting my sight everywhere.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed at him, causing his expression to drop. He wasn't smiling but his face betrayed his ecstatic feelings.

"I w-wanted to talk you." He stammered. I did not fail to notice his lack of composition. He stuck out his hands, giving the bouquet to me. All around me seemed erupting into cheers. His simple gesture was enough to drive everyone around us to a frenzy of cheers and giggles. The man produced a ghost of a smile. How dare he.

I took the bouquet from him, suddenly feeling so stupid on accepting it on the first place. I looked around and saw Merise giving me thumbs up as well as the others. They all wanted me to allow this man to humiliate me further. Why I'm not surprised. They were oblivious to the fact that this very the same man was the reason I had a very hard time since he ruined me to the point that I cannot bring myself into the light. I cannot afford to snap at him  either since in my head, I heard my father's words clearly. 'Be proffesional' and 'don't give your customers bad impression'. So I took the flowers and quietly followed him outside without havinv any choice.

We walked several blocks away from my shop. until we arrived at a small coffee shop. Upon entering, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee greeted me. The strong and sweet aroma was so good but it wasn't enough to calm my raging chest. Nathan pulled a chair for me before sitting down opposite of me. We sat there for a couple of minutes in silence. Neither of us dared to break the tension. I can see him fidgeting on his seat, clearly nervous as I am. But luck isn't on his side now. I'm not giving him the slightest chance to break me once more.

"What are you doing?" I hissed.

"I wanted us to talk." He said quietly.

"There is nothing to talk about, Nathan." I snapped. "Whatever you are planning, don't do it."

"Please, Yufa. Just hear me out."

"No! Stop wounding your way into my life. I'm doing fine now.  And please, stop all this childish gifts at once." If only I had known it earlier, I would've barred the shop's doors and post guards in front of to block all those unnecessary waste of money. With one final glare, I abruptly stood up, ready to evacuate the place and create much distance between us as soon as possible. My resolve started waning since I stepped a foot inside this shop. Inches away from him made me want to crumble on my own toes. I cannot even help my self not to look at his silver eyes that haunted me and at the same time, missing them. For the past year, I've been mourning, I'm lonely but along with all those feelings was the silent yearning to see him once again. The longer I stayed here, the more chances that I would give in. His pleading was enough to tempt me to hear him out. But a strong grip on my wrist stopped me from truly evacuating my seat.

"Yufa, please...-"

"Don't." I snatched my hand away and head out of the coffee shop. I was so tempted to hear him out and for that, I hated myself even more. I hated that he still had that effect on me. I hated it that one kind gesture from him made me believe that he was sincere and true to his words. I hated that my heart was the greatest traitor my life has ever had.

***********************

A/n

Trying so hard to create romantic scenes between Yufa and Nathan but miserably failing. Sigh.

Please vote, comment and enjoy. 😊

---Maiah❤