Chapter 27

Friday
9.00am

Captain RDJ😎 changed the name of the group to I'll never drink again...

Captain RDJ😎
Chris?

Captain RDJ😎
CHRIS

Captain RDJ😎
CHRIS
CHRIS
CHRIS
CHRIS
CHRIS

Chris 🇺🇸
Wtf Rob?

Captain RDJ😎
Ah, you're alive

Chris 🇺🇸
Not so sure about that

Scar🕷
How are you feeling Chris?

Chris 🇺🇸
Like shit

Pointbreak🏄‍♀️
Still?

Falcon 🦅
Two day hangover? 🤢 🤮

Chris 🇺🇸
Thanks Mackie, that really helps 😠

Falcon 🦅
😁

Captain RDJ😎
Competition time - best hangover memes - go

Banner🧪

Falcon 🦅

Falcon 🦅

Scar🕷

Captain RDJ😎

Captain RDJ😎

Pointbreak🏄‍♀️

Pointbreak🏄‍♀️

Chris 🇺🇸I hate you all

Chris 🇺🇸
I hate you all

Falcon 🦅
🤣

Pointbreak🏄‍♀️
Are you coming in today, or pulling another sickie?

Chris 🇺🇸
I'll in by 11.00

Banner🧪
I heard the make-up people saying you had the flu

Chris 🇺🇸
Yeah, that's what Scotty told them. Hopefully they won't find out the real reason

Scar🕷
See you later then Chris

*****

10.50am

Chris sat in the break room nursing a coffee and his so-far two day hangover. How was it possible to feel this bad for this long? His head was still killing him and the light hurt his eyes so much he couldn't take his sunglasses off.
This is why I don't drink to excess. Normally.
It was his own fault really. He shouldn't have drunk that much. He shouldn't have drunk half that much - too much alcohol interacted badly with his anxiety meds. Hence the two day hangover.
At least he hadn't done anything stupid - according to Scotty he'd just got 'more and more fucking depressing' as the night wore on. Apparently he'd talked about nothing but Becs and how he'd messed things up. Even thinking about it gave him an uncomfortable ache in his chest. What the fuck was he going to do? How could he fix this?
The rest of the cast trailed in slowly over the course of the next ten minutes. Rob and Scarlett were first and made a beeline straight for him.
'How are you feeling?' Asked Scarlett, looking concerned.
'Wow. You look like shit.' Said Rob.
'I feel like it.'
'What were you thinking, drinking that much with your meds?' Scarlett scolded.
Chris rubbed his pounding head. 'Save the lecture Scar, Scotty already did it. At length.'
'Good.' Said Rob, emphatically. 'Loudly, I hope?'
'Very loudly.'
Hemsworth wandered over with Renner, and Bettany.
'Bloody hell, mate. You look rough.' Hemsworth said.
'Thanks.'
Mackie came over too with some kind of hot breakfast roll, the smell of which was making his stomach turn.
'Keep that away from me.' Chris said, pointing at the food.
'What this?' Mackie said, feigning innocence. 'You sure you don't want a bite?' And he waved it in front of Chris's nose, laughing.
Chris pushed it away. 'Do that again and I'll throw up all over you.'
'Shit Chris. If I'd known you were that pissed, I'd never have let you carry on drinking.' Said Bettany.
'Don't worry about it, that's all on me.' Chris said.
'Have you eaten anything yet today?' Asked Scarlett.
'No.'
'What about yesterday?'
'No way. Nothing would have stayed down.'
'You've got to eat. Try something bland.'
'Stop mothering him, Scar, he'll be fine. He's not going to waste away if he doesn't eat for a few days.' Rob said.
'I'll try something later, Scar. I do feel a lot better today than yesterday.'
'You must have looked like absolute shit yesterday then.' Said Renner.
'Yeah. The coffee's helping though.' He said.
'So, what happened?' Asked Rob. 'Why the bender?'
'I fucked up. I left it too long.' Chris said, shaking his head slightly. 'You all told me to tell her before, but I didn't listen.'
'Ah. So you finally told her? I guess she didn't take it well?'
'You could say that - she found a photo online of you and Phil and long story short, she realised that the photos on my profile are fake and that I'd been lying to her.'
'Shit.' Said Rob.
'Yeah. So then, when I tried to tell her who I really was...'
'She didn't believe you.' Said Scarlett.
'No, she didn't. She got really mad. She thinks that I'm some sort of conman and she's refused to talk to me since.'
'Ah. Now the dying alone and being eaten by cats thing makes sense.' Said Renner.
Chris glared at Bettany 'Did you have to tell them that?'
'Hey, you were the one saying it.' Said Bettany.
'But mate, this is an easy fix. Just call her up and convince her - once she realises that you're really you, all will be forgiven.' Hemsworth said.
'I can't - I think she might have blocked me. Either that or her phone has died.'
Renner snorted with laughter. 'I'm sorry.' He said, after Scarlett gave him a dirty look. 'You must admit it's a bit ironic - most of the female population would kill for his number, and this one blocks him.'
'Yeah, hilarious.' Said Chris.
'Give me her number.' Hemsworth said. 'If it rings when I phone then you'll know you've been blocked.'
They all listened to the phone ringing.
'Yeah, sorry mate, she's blocked you.'
'Want me to call her for you?' Asked Scarlett.
'What is he ten?' Said Rob. 'No, he needs to bite the bullet. Go and see her.'
'What d'ya mean?'
'You know where she lives and you know where she works. If she won't take your calls then you've only got one option left - go and see her face to face.'

********