Chapter 31

Sunday
4.05am

'Hey man!' Chris said, as Mackie came and sat in the chair next to him in Makeup.
Mackie looked at him suspiciously. 'Why are you so cheerful this early in the morning? You get laid last night?'
Chris laughed 'No.'
'Then what?'
'I think that I sorted things out with Becs - I went and saw her at the library.'
'My man!' Mackie said and gave him a friendly punch on the shoulder.
Robert came in nursing a coffee 'That's far too much enthusiasm for this time of the day.'
'Chris went and saw his girl yesterday.'
'Really.' Robert asked. 'How'd it go? Do I still need the hat?'
'I think it went okay. She's talking to me again, and she unblocked me.'
'So she knows who you are now?'
Chris nodded.
'How'd that go?' Mackie asked.
'She was a bit freaked out to start with, but I think she'll be okay.'
'Excellent. The love boat is back on the water.'

*****
6.54am

He tried calling Becs as soon as they had a break, but her phone just rang out so he left a message. 'Hey it's Chris. Just wanted to say hi, but I'll try later.'
'Calling your girl?' Renner asked.
They all called her 'his girl'. He'd corrected them to begin with, but now he figured they just did it to wind him up. Plus, he wouldn't admit it, but he kind of liked it.
'She an early riser?' Mackie asked.
'I don't think so.' Said Chris. 'Why?'
'Have you seen the time?'
He groaned, he'd been so keen to talk to her that he hadn't even checked.
'Shit. I probably woke her up.'
'Don't worry about it dorito - being woken up by Captain America? Probably a fantasy of most of the female population.' Rob said.
'Hmmm.' He said, unconvinced. Maybe it was best to send a meme instead.

Chris 🤪

Becs📚I am now

Becs📚
I am now.

Chris laughed

Chris laughed. 'I'm not sure she agrees with you.' He said, showing her reply to Rob.
'Oh dear. Send her something funny.'
He searched through his phone. 'How about this one?'
'That's cute.' Scarlett said.

Chris 🤪
Sorry for waking you. Just wanted to say

 Just wanted to say