Chapter 62

A/N: This is just a short one.
Sorry for the delay in posting - I've had migraine and I couldn't look at a screen for about four days!
****

Three weeks later...
'Becca!' Viv yelled.
Becca opened her eyes and looked blearily at her alarm clock.
What the hell? It's 7am!
'Becca!' Viv yelled again.
They'd been out dancing last night and she hadn't crawled into bed until gone 3.
'Are you alive in there, Becca?'
This better be important.
She threw off the covers and wandered through to the kitchen, rubbing her eyes.
'If this isn't something staggeringly important, I am going to kill you.' She grumbled.
Viv laughed. 'Sorry, but your phone has been binging away like crazy for the last fifteen minutes - I thought you'd want to know.'
'You must have had, like, five or six messages.' Viv continued.
'If it's Ella spamming me, I'm not going to be impressed.' Becca said with a yawn.
'There's no way that Ella's going to be conscious for a few hours yet.'
'Yeah, that was my plan too.' Becca grumbled.
'And there it goes again.' Viv said as Becca's phone binged once more. 'Someone really wants to get hold of you.'
She had that brief moment of panic that something bad had happened and someone from home was trying to contact her, but then reason told her that they would phone.
'Oh, that last one was from Chris.' Becca said, looking at the notification on her screen.
'That's weird, they're all from Chris.' She added. They'd exchanged some messages, but she felt like she'd hardly heard from him since he'd been in Seoul. The time difference and his crazy schedule had made it impossible.

Chris 🤪
Hi Becs. Hope you're up. Message me back as soon as you get this.

Chris 🤪
Becs? You awake?

Chris 🤪
Becs?

Chris 🤪
Come on! I have news

Chris 🤪
Becs!

Chris 🤪
BECS!!

'What's he say?' Viv asked.
'Basically: message me back when you get this.'

Becs📚
Jeez - it's 7am here. I was asleep 😴

Chris 🤪
Shit! Sorry - I worked out the time difference wrong. I thought it was nine o'clock there 🥺

Incoming call from Chris

Becca
Hey

Chris
Hey there. It's so good to hear your voice. It seems like forever since we've spoken

Becca
<Laughing> It's only been three weeks. So how come you're able to call? Have you got the day off or something?

Chris
No, even better - we wrapped the filming today, so we're flying home tomorrow!

Becca
That's good. So are you going out to celebrate?

Chris
Yeah. A load of us are on the subway now, heading downtown

Becca
Ah, that would explain the clanking noises I can hear

Chris
Yeah, so-

A sudden blast of music came down the line, making her hold the phone away from her ear.
Bloody hell, that's loud.
She waited a few moments, but the noise didn't stop so they moved back to messaging.

Chris 🤪
Sorry. There's some kind of street dance performance going on in our carriage and it's really loud.

Becs📚
Certainly is loud - I think it might have blown out my eardrums!

Chris 🤪
They don't look like they're going to stop anytime soon...

Chris 🤪
Sorry we had to cut our conversation short.