Chapter 70

And here's Part Two...

Before she could say 'this was a mistake', the door opened and a voice called out 'Pizza delivery.'
'Oh thank God.' Said Robert.
The delivery guy walked in. 'Wow. This is a really nice place you've got...holy Shit - you're Robert Downey Jnr!'
'I am. And you are not our usual pizza guy.'
'Fucking hell!' He said, noticing the others. 'I don't believe it - Evans, Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Renner!'
They all nodded, smiled or waved as he said their names.
'It's the fucking Avengers! I'm delivering pizza to the fucking Avengers!'
'You fucking are.' Said Robert.
'This is just...oh my God...I can't believe this - the fucking Avengers! I'm a huge fan. More than a fan - I've seen everything you guys have ever done. Not just the movies, I'm talking outtakes, deleted scenes, cast interviews.'
Wow. He's...enthusiastic.
'Always good to meet a fan.' Hemsworth said politely.
'I've read everything that's ever been written about you all.'
'Well that's great.' Scarlett said. Becca thought that she detected a slight note of sarcasm, but the pizza delivery guy obviously hadn't.
'Okay, well, pizzas?' Robert said.
'Oh yeah.' He said, handing them over. 'Wow. No one's going to believe this. I need to get a selfie.'
Becca watched as he proceeded to take a selfie with each of the actors in turn, gushing to each one about how much of a fan he was and how amazing they were. She was amazed by how polite and courteous they all were, despite how over the top he was being. They were obviously used to dealing with fans, even ones that were like this. Even so, a couple of them caught her eye and raised their eyebrows, and she could swear that Renner and Hemsworth were trying not to laugh. Chris just looked kind of embarrassed when it was his turn.
'Okay, well thanks.' Robert said, trying to move him along.
'Hang on - can I get an autograph before I go?'
'Sure.' Hemsworth said, picking a sharpie up from the table. 'What do you want us to sign?'
'Err...I haven't got any paper.' The pizza guy said, patting his pockets. Then his eyes suddenly widened. 'I've had the most amazing idea - sign me!'
'Your top, you mean?' Asked Scarlett.
'No, sign me, my skin.' He said, pulling his top off. 'You can all sign my chest and then I can get it tattooed over so it's there forever.'
Becca stared at him, shocked.
Oh my God, is he serious?
But he was - they all signed his chest and he looked so pleased with it that Becca wondered if he was going to cry.
Whoa. My first reaction's not looking so weird now, is it.
'Okay, time for you to go now.' Robert said.
'Right, yeah, of course.' He said, giving them all effusive goodbyes before leaving.
They all watched the door close and Robert dialled a number on his phone.
'Pizza delivery guy's just left the basement.' He said. 'Make sure that he goes straight out and doesn't end up in my underwear drawer or my bed. Thanks.'
He ended the call and then looked at Becca. 'Could've been worse.' He joked. 'You could've been like that!'
Becca smiled and felt herself blush. 'Yeah, I...er...I guess that would've been worse.' She managed.
'Ah, she does speak.' Robert teased lightly.
'Robert.' Chris said, warningly, coming up to stand next to Becca.
'It's okay.' Becca said, turning to look at Chris. 'I think I kinda deserve that.'
She forced herself to turn back and look each of them in the eye, ignoring her racing heart and sweaty palms. 'Hi.' She said a bit shakily. 'Sorry about before, but it's nice to meet you all - I've heard a lot about you.'
'Likewise.' Said Robert.
Hemsworth and Renner gave her a smile.
'Let's get to the pizza, I'm starving.' Said Hemsworth.
'Okay.' Robert said, putting the boxes on the table. 'We've got BBQ Chicken, Pepperoni, Cajun Hot,  Spicy Beef, Ham and Mushroom.'
He gave Becca a small wink as he said 'Ham and Mushroom'.
They ordered my favourite pizza? Aww - they're trying really hard to be nice.
'Come on, let's get you a drink.' Chris said, leading her over to the bar area.
'Okay, so there's sodas, or I told Rob you like JD, so he's probably got some of that.' He added, looking at the cans and bottles.
'I think I'll stick with Diet Coke for now, please.'
'Sure.' He said, handing her a can.
'Alcohol and awkward social encounters are not a good combination.' Becca said.
Chris laughed. 'I guess not.'
'So, was it as bad as you thought?' He asked. 'Meeting them, I mean.'
'Do you seriously need to ask that question?' Becca said. 'You were there, right?'
She shook her head. 'I looked like a right idiot. It was just embarrassing.'
'It wasn't that bad. At least you didn't talk about serial killers.' He joked.
Becca gave him a mock dirty look. 'I didn't talk about anything - I totally lost the power of speech!'
'And you did nothing to stop me! Nothing!' She joked. 'What happened to 'don't worry, I'll be right there. I won't let you make a fool of yourself.' You were meant to kick me or something.'
'I wasn't really going to kick you.' Chris said.
'Well just nudge me then or something next time I lose the plot like that.'
'Nudge you?'
'Yeah, just nudge me and go: "Say something Becca" - it might work.'
'Okay.' Chris said and bumped his hip into hers. 'Say something Becca.' He said with a grin.
'Thanks, that really helps now.' Becca said sarcastically.
Chris laughed loudly.
'You know, it's kinda weird to hear you call me Becca, I've gotten so used to you calling me Becs.'
'Do most people use Becca?'
'Actually, virtually everyone calls me Becca, apart from a few older relatives who insist on Rebecca. No one uses Becs apart from you. Well, you and now everyone I've met through you.'
'But becs123 was your username on tinder.' Chris said, looking confused.
'Well, it wasn't actually Becs, it was Bec S - you know, short for Becca Smith.' She said with a smile.
He looked at her with his mouth open for a moment. 'So all this time I've been calling you by the wrong name?' He asked. 'Why didn't you say something?'
Becca shrugged. 'Well to start with, I didn't know you enough to correct you, and by the time I did know you enough, well, the name had kind of grown on me.' She said with a smile.
'Hey you two!' Robert called from across the room. 'Come and grab some pizza before Hemsworth eats it all.'