08

𝐇𝐀𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃
the blood in my veins are made up of mistakes

DAMON opened the door to the Boarding House, revealing both the twins

DAMON opened the door to the Boarding House, revealing both the twins. He smirked at them as he leaned against the door. He looked them both up and down.

"Is Stefan here?" Elena asked, getting straight to the reason why they were there.

"Yep."

"Then where is he?" Echo asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

Damon smirked down at her, eyeing her from top to bottom. And he seemed satisfied with what he saw when he nodded. "I have a feeling you don't quite like me."

Echo rolled her eyes. "You can't have an opinion on someone you don't think about."

Damon raised an eyebrow at her. "How can you be so brave and so stupid to stand up to a vampire like that?"

Echo tilted her head up. "I have literally stared death in the face. I'm not scared of you." She held her head high. "So, where is he?"

Damon sighed and said, "He's upstairs, singing "The Rain in Spain". Knock yourselves out." Damon stepped outside as the twins walked in, and Elena shut the door behind them.

"Stefan?!" Elena yelled as they looked up the stairs.

Suddenly, a creak was heard, and they twisted around to look behind them.

"Yes?" Stefan asked and the twins turned around to look at him.

"Where is Vicki?"

"She's upstairs," Stefan stated, making his way down the steps where he then stood in front of the twins.

"So, what happens now?" Elena asked. "Because our brother is out there searching for her with the rest of the town. What do we tell him?"

"I'm working with her," Stefan stated, "But it's going to take time. She has a very volatile and impulsive personality. She's a drug user. I mean, all that's gonna play a part in how she responds to this?"

"So, she's a vampire with issues," Echo said, pursing her lips. "That's just great."

"What are we supposed to do?" Elena asked. "Because we are lying to everyone that we care about. What's gonna happen to her?"

Echo raised an eyebrow before smirking. The lying part was pretty eazy for her seeing as she had to do that everyday of her past life.

"I'm gonna keep her here with me until I know that she's safe," Stefan stated.

"How long is that?" Vicki asked, suddenly appearing at the top of the staircase.

"We can talk about that later," Stefan told her.