15

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐁
she was wild but loyal

THE sharp pain in her head awakend Echo

THE sharp pain in her head awakend Echo. Groggily, her eyes opened and she was greeted with the sight of a motel bed beneath her. The motel room... where Damon confronted Anna.

A man slept in a chair not too far from her and she looked to her right to see Elena sleeping soundly on the bed. She turned in ger spot, wincing at the pain in her head. She pressed a palm against her forehead, attempting to numb or contain the pain before using her other hand to shake Elena awake. She immediately awakened with a small gasp.

Echo placed a finger to her lips, trying to silence her, and she looked past her and at the man in their way. Elena slid off the bed, her being closer to the door. Echo inched her way to the edge of the bed as she took careful steps towards the door.

"I wouldn't do that," a voice threatened. The sleeping man quickly sped over to Elena, looking into her eyes. "Don't try to escape. Go sit back down on the bed with your sister. Do you understand?"

Elena nodded her head before repeating, "I understand."

The vampire chuckled, about to take his seat again when Elena quickly rushed to the door again, holding Echo's hand. And this time opening it, but a female pushed her back inside, making Echo stumble back in surprise.

"Seriously?!" Anna demanded, holding onto Elena's arm. And when Echo went to charge at her, she simply just grabbed her arm, too. She tried and failed to pull their arm free.

"I did that eye thing you taught me!" The guy defended.

"You forgot the lesson about vervain. They date vampires, Ben," She snapped. Echo went to open her mouth to correct her, but Anna growled and said, "Whatever!" She then pushed Echo down on the bed harshly, making her head pound. She then locked Elena into the bathroom.

"Why did you lock her into a bathroom?" Echo demanded.

"She's not the only one," Anna dismissed. "The Bennet witch is in there too."

"Bonnie?" Echo questioned in surprise. "Why is she here?"

"You ask way too many questions," Anna spat, annoyed with her.

"What can I say? I'm a curious girl." Echo drummed her fingers against her thighs before standing up. "As much as I would love to stay and chat with you, I've got to get my sister and her friend." When she went to reach for the bathroom door, Anna grabbed her wrist.

Anna then pushed her on the bed, again. "Don't worry. Ben's got it."

Ben yanked open the door before pulling Echo's frightened sister out. He shut the door, keeping Bonnie trapped.

Elena grabbed Echo's hand, letting out a small sigh of relief.

"Well, well, the Gilbert twins," Anna greeted, shooting them a smirk. "I finally get to personally meet you. What's it like? I mean you two are practically reeling them in. You really are Katherine's doppelgängers. More so Elena, though."